• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fresh meat from Arizona

11bastard

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey gents... I have been stalking up this page from quite some time, and I finally got off my ass and joined. I'm originally from Venezuela, Grew up in New England (Rhode Island) and after a while, I ended up in Scottsdale AZ. I work as an US Army civilian aircraft mechanic. I am a former infantryman (2007-2011) with a couple of rodeos in Iraq where I served as everything from machine-gunner to Squad Designated Marksman (SDM). I have always been into long range shooting and lucky for me, I got to do some while in active duty. As of right now, the only long range rig I have is a Rem 700 5R chambered in 308 and a SA M1A with a national match barrel on. That being said, I'm about to get into the .338 LM world and that is a ground I'm not familiar with at all, so I've decided to join you guys for future questions and help.

Thanks in advance....

Are you wanting something OTS or looking for a custom build? Do you want the abiltiy of caliber conversion on same chassis? (to keep costs down/ allow for multiple use ie. yotes or matches w/ caliber limits)

Probably something just out of the shelve... I have never been a big fan of the caliber conversion rifles (I guess it just gives me an excuse to buy more stuff) but in all honesty, I dont shoot as much as I would like to (i shoot no more than 2-3 times a month) to justify a custom build (and I dont have the money) Im looking at a few options right now. The Savage 110 FCP .338 and Remington 700 XCR also on .338... i have shot both of the rifles at targets out to about 700-850 yards and I was prety please with the results (comparing it to a Barrett M98B that Ive shot before)

Welcome! One grunt to another. This is an awesome place, you will learn a lot, I know I do. You will see Arizona has a good shooting community and L/R is around if you look for it. There is a shoot out by Ashfork, I haven't been to it yet. I have shot with some of the guys in Flag.

One word, don't care what you shoot - start reloading. Start hunting for powder, primer and bullets & dies before you buy the rifle!

Good luck and welcome.

Thanks George...! i do reload... I have been reloading rifle ammo for quite some time... and Im hoping to do so with this .338 when I get it... I have been to Ashfork a few times... but now, im about to move to the Tucson area (closer to work) and im gonna start to hunt down some new areas to shoot at..! glad to see other fellow grunts still gunning..