• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fresh out of the Oven!! 40X .22 REPEATER !!

Hellbender

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2008
Lebanon, Missouri
Just pulled it out of the oven after painting it and put it together.
DSC04941.jpg

Specs: (Made to be a twin to my .308)

Repeater conversion done by me (look up my old post for details)

Stock HB cut to 22" long and re-contoured to .800" at the muzzle.

2 pound trigger pull on stock trigger.

Holland extended SS bolt handle TIG welded on.

One piece base cut and bedded to approx. 35 MOA. (Gives 10 MOA down and 65 MOA up on the Leupy 6.5-20 MK4)

B & C stock

More pics of mag system....
DSC04949.jpg

DSC04947.jpg

DSC04948.jpg

I shot it just a little, before I painted it, just to make sure I didn't need to play with the crown or re-chuck it in the lathe for anything, I tried 3 different ammo types on this target. I think it will shoot that Wolf Match Extra OK after I really get it dialed in and get to bed it.

DSC04943.jpg

Re: Fresh out of the Oven!! 40X .22 REPEATER !!

Well if your not going to make enough for everyone....Just kidding, looks good.

How about some details on the mag system?

Very nice rifle!

EDIT: HellBender's old 40x Mag Post - had no idea how to find that old post. Just clicked on your name and posts. Simple enough!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about some details on the mag system?

Very nice rifle! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Repeater conversion done by me (look up my old post for details) </div></div>

nicely done
off to look at posts for your conversion

Nice job HB. Sure wished I had enough hair on my ass to attempt what you did with one of mine. I know my luck though, if I go to a free lunch I end up with the hemlick manuveur!!!

Doing a good job like this takes not only ingenuity but also the right tools. Hell, if I had the tools I would attempt it on some bar stock material and then after I was comfortable I would dive right in. The scariest part is cutting that purty receiver...

Very nice! What talent. To bad we can't get Dave K (PT&G) to make the RF conversions in his shop at an affordable price. The 40X rimfire bolts that he makes are excellent, so no doubt he is capable. Regards

Very nice job. Looks very clean. How does the repeater cycle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice job. Looks very clean. How does the repeater cycle?
</div></div>

It works better and slicker than my Annie, as the ejection is VERY positive, throws empties about 8-10 ft to the side when you work the bolt smartly.

You can cycle the bolt as fast as you can (without locking down) and have 2 or 3 cases in the air at the same time.

The only hangup I get is when ejecting certain types of UNFIRED rounds, sometimes the rifling will engrave a little deeper and the extractor will not pull them out. I'm gonna buy a new extractor and try it out, but it may just be the tight chamber.

Man this is inspiring!

This is the exact reason Why I ordered one of the barreled receivers from CMP.....

Now just to find some one to take on the challenge....and track down the remaining 40x parts I need...

Nice, this is inspiring my own Rem40X HB rimfire project...