• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fresh Paint (finished)

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
Bought it like this. Decided to upgrade the stock and knew the camo wouldn't match anything I bought so decided time to get it ready for a fresh paint job.

IMG_7474.jpg

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

Stock upgrade

100_0314-1.jpg

100_0315.jpg

Stripped paint

100_0325.jpg

100_0327.jpg

100_0328.jpg

Painted barrel/action

100_0332.jpg

100_0329.jpg

url]

Rust-oleum high performance enamel flatt black if anyone was wondering the type of paint used.
Now for letting it dry, getting my DBM, and remounting the scope on it and she will be finished.

Re: Fresh Paint (in process)

Not sure. It's used for industrial use so I'm not sure. From what I've seen once it dries it will be very good. I've heard its better then krylon the reason people use krylon is because you can remove it easier then this. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Its going to hold up the same as krylon. Will look great as long as nothing ever touches it, ever.

Good thing that paint is an easy thing to replace since I know it will touch a lot of stuff lol

If you insist on DIY, at very least use duracoat. for metal though I would send it off for ceracoat/gunkote.

Looking good buddy,
A4 looks real nice. I used the Rust-oleum cammo black also, not a problem. If it gets scratched, hell repaint it.

Well coat number two will go on today. Was hoping the first coat would do, but I was wrong. Looks like she needs some more.

Paint thinner and some rags.

Can't wait to see the finished assembled product.I was diggin the first setup btw so i think your moving ahead just perfect,lol.Looking good.

~Reagan

Man all you guys posting all your DIY paint jobs drives me nuts, wish I had skills

Are you serious? This is my first time ever taking apart this rifle... I've never done it before. Takes no skill other then a little elbow grease with paint thinner, twisting screws, taking the bolt/trigger off, taping and spraying paint. I was skeptical myself right away, but after the first coat I sprayed it seemed a lot easier then you can expect it to be.

What a huge improvement on the old paint job! Best thing about rustoleum is that whent it gets scratched up it will add character. If you get too much character you can repaint. Try to keep solvents off it though.

I like the bolt handle
wink.gif
lol.... JK it looks much better now in my opinion.

Good luck,
Merritt

Yeah I was lazy and decided to leave it alone. If I want to change it all it will take is a little paint thinner lol.

I'd recommend changing it, looks hideous. No jk, but yea you should really make it black

It's black I'll post pics later gotta study for a test.

Well here is the finished product. Couldn't be happier or more pleased with the quality of the Rad Tac DBM that fits the Badger M5 inlet perfectly for half the price.

100_0330-2.jpg

100_0333-1.jpg

100_0336-1.jpg