• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Freshly cut hayfield victim

C.West

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2008
Nashville Tn.
I was able to get out this morning after a few months of work and our new baby consuming the majority of my time. As I made my way into the field, just after daylight, I glanced and saw what I thought was two young deer. Turned out to be two scruffy coyotes. I crawled my way to an elevated spot in the field, and was able to do so without being busted. I was in the wide open and knew my chances were slim. I got the rifle set up and fumbled for my phone for my dope. The shot was 475 yds. After the shot I saw two coyotes busting ass out of the field. I was bummed. I continued to sit for a few minutes and even called for a bit to maybe coax them back out. I decided to go look for any sign of a hit where the dog stood. To my suprise I walked up to find this. The 300 SMK absolutely flatened him. I couldn't even see him lying in the grass from my firing position. It was a great start to a hot summer day here in Tennessee.
2012-06-19_07-16-35_18.jpg

Re: Freshly cut hayfield victim

The only thing better than a dead yote is a deader yote.....

Good job.

Fresh cut hayfields are a blast. Snakes, mice etc and you can see. Fun times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing better than a dead yote is a deader yote.....

Good job. </div></div>Amen

damn, that is a serious kill channel, this yote has been gutted real good. good shot.

Wow I would hate to be the one cleaning up the mess for sure... Epic hole for sure. Ohh and Nice shot too.

No such thing as overkill if you're not trying to keep the hide.

Good job.