• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes From a SIG 3 - 18 x 44 to a Bushnell Elite 4.5 - 18 x 44: My little odessy

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm selling my 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro and getting the very same rifle in 6.5 PRC. I live in Nevada and have longer shots, hence I need more range and power at those ranges.

SO, I ordered a SIG-SAUER Tango6 3 - 28 x 44 illuminated scope. It arrived from Optics Planet and I immediately loved the glass, firm turret clicks and Level-Plex leveling reticle.
But at nearly 38 oz. it was a BOAT ANCHOR! Putting that on a 6 lb. 3 oz. rifle seemed so wrong. Howsomever I will very likely be getting the SIG Tango 6 scope in 5 - 30 x 56 for my Ruger Precision Rifle and selling my very good Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 (H59) scope. That's how impressed I am with that line of scopes.

So I reluctantly sent it back and ordered a Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 illuminated scope with the G3 reticle. I'm very used to using the H59 reticle on my Bushnell ERS competition scope so the tiny "Christmas tree" on the LRTS was no problem. At 28 oz., (10 oz less than the Tango6) and 13.1" long I felt it is just what I need on this long range X-Bolt hunting rifle.

Eric B.
BTW, I just missed the FED EX guy today so I'll be getting it tomorrow. Gotta sign for it.

Should be a good switch for you. A much more appropriate optic! I love those 30mm Bushys.

Heh... funny that you mention this. My first attempt at a lightweight build ended up going over the weight budget, partially because of a Tango6 3-18; I was shooting for a 10 pound rifle, but ended up with a 12 pound rifle. That said, I have since decided that that particular rifle can use the extra heft, given that it's chambered in 338WM.

In any event, the LRHSi has become my optic of choice for my lightweight guns; the optics and the reticle are REALLY solid.

Thanks for the thumbs up on that scope guys.
My Bushnell ERS is such a good competition scope that I felt another Elite line scope would also be pretty good for that very expensive "semi-custom" Browning rifle. I may even get that LRTS scope Cerakoated in FDE or olive drab.

Eric B.