• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Front sight and Eotech???

raptor99

Minuteman
Oct 18, 2005
Pierre SD
Do you have to change the front sight on a AR when using the Eotechs???? Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Re: Front sight and Eotech???

No you don't. I run both fixed front sights and BUIS and they are both fine with an EoTech. It is just your preference if you don't want to see it in the window when you are shooting.

You don to have to remove the front sight. You can use fixed or folding. I prefer filps in mine because I always found myself trying to line up the dot with the front sight post, then the target. It slowed me down, so now I use flips and much prefer them with a redo dot.

You want lower 1/3 co wittness, that means your red dot lines up with your irons in the lower 1/3 of the glass.

Why 1/3rd cowitness? as long as the sights line up with the same zero range, shouldnt they be fine?