• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FS: $675 Razor HD LH 3-15x42 HSR-4

godofthunder

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2013
Nebraska
www.rustynutsdesigns.com
I have three of these for sale, all brand new never been opened. No trades, just looking to sell. $675 each

Attachments

• 20180920_200715.jpg
    20180920_200715.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: Lunabear
No worries, I was wondering the same thing that you were when the add first dropped. Just thought I'd let you know.

Have a great weekend,

Jon

Reactions: isaacspoon
you're tempting me, man; but I have my heart set on the G4 BDC reticle (especially now that I know Ilya had input on its design)

I'll take one per our conversation, funds sent.

Absolute best glass and edge to edge clarity I've ever seen in a scope of this price/weight class. Also has parallax adjustment down to 20 yards, making it a top notch do-it-all rimfire optic. Bought one for a hunting rifle, then stole it from that one and put it on my Tikka 17HMR, so now the hunting rifle will have the Razor LH it was supposed to have.

Vortex needs to put this glass in the Viper PST Gen II line...or something similar. The fact that they can put Razor HD glass in a 3-15x scope and have it come out weighing about 16 oz (or thereabouts) is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
you're tempting me, man; but I have my heart set on the G4 BDC reticle (especially now that I know Ilya had input on its design)

I have the G4 in my other one. If you're using it to hunt and the use of holds is going to be pretty limited, then it's a great reticle...fast, intuitive, simple. On my 17HMR, a round that is basically ineffective once it starts dropping, the G4 is perfect because I'm almost certainly not going to be using any holdovers with it....and target shooting with a 17 caliber when you have eyes like mine isn't particularly desirable either. Same could be said for a lighter caliber hunting rifle, ranch rifle, or something relatively flat shooting that you're not planning to use at any distance to speak of.

But...If you're planning to do any serious long range shooting or using it to punch paper, I'd go with the HSR-4 reticle. It just gives you a lot more options without a whole lot more clutter than the G4.