• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms FS M1a socom 16 McCann carbon fiber stock

banshee sws

Tennessee Pusher
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2002
Colorado
www.thepracticalrifleman.com
FS M1a socom 16 McCann carbon fiber stock

Bought a while ago, haven't fired it, sits in the safe, time for it to go.
Base rifle is a Springfield M1a Socom 16, sitting in a custom, one of a very few made carbon fiber stock by McCann Industries, with ability to attach a AR butt stock ... A Magpul CTR is mounted currently. Forward rail system, rear optic mount with picatinny mount by McCann Industries. Rear single point sling attachment. Iron sights, several mags included. Below is the original owners post, and pics. Haven't shot it myself. No original stock , didn't come with. Own a piece of sexy cool m1a history and a piece that's crazy light, and quite the conversation starter I'm sure. All yours for $2450 shipped and insured to your FFL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180925-101918.png
    Screenshot_20180925-101918.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 977
  • Screenshot_20180925-101909.png
    Screenshot_20180925-101909.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 910
Reactions: kevinsachs
This rifle is relatively rare, at least the build is 1 of 2, as the title states. I've been the owner of it for some time and in the past roughly 3-4 years have only brought it to the range twice. I'm the 2nd owner, the original has the only other closely modeled one still.

The history: Back over 10 years ago, McCann Industries began working toward a new solution to reduce the weight of the M1A for military use, and to reduce heat signature in those hot, sandy countries. They began working on a Carbon Fiber option. After completing the design and working towards a contract with the military, as well as retail sales, Mr. McCann 1/2 of the two man design team passed away. An extremely small number of basic stocks with their M logo made their way out to the public, but only 2 of the unmarked ORIGINAL stocks exist today. One owned by the 2nd of that team which like the others released has no rails and resides on a Scout/Squad 18" model, and this one owned by me, with permanent rails attached.

The stock in question is full carbon fiber and made to accept AR style receiver extensions and stocks. Allowing you the ability to add folding stock components as well. It has no large marking outside of the company name written in small text on the side.

The current weight as seen in the photos is 8.5 pounds. With a few small changes you can easily drop this to mid 7's.

THIS IS ONE OF THE ULTIMATE BATTLE RIFLES AVAILABLE!

Build list consists of:

Springfield Armory Socom 16 M1A rifle
Some trigger work
McCann Industries full carbon fiber stock
2 20 Round magazines
Mil Spec 6 Position receiver extension
Rear plate with sling slide
Magpul CTR stock (Mil spec)
Magpul extended butt pad
Hogue grip
Magpul Angled foregrip

PLUS I WILL THROW IN a matching McCann Optic mount

The rifle runs PERFECTLY and the tritium front sight still glows a bit. There may be more to throw in as well, but for now you get the picture. This is something rare and you'll most likely never see one again.

Damnit. I promised my wife I wouldn’t buy anymore guns until after Christmas. I might have to break my promise on this one. Badass looking m1a.