• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics FS Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56illuminated Velocity 1000 reticle UHV.5

safarihunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2006
Northern Indiana
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56illuminated Velocity 1000 reticle UHV.5

100 MOA of elevation travel and 20 MOA or 10 mils of travel per turret revolution respectively per turret version Nighhtforce Zero Stop elevation turret and standard illuminated reticle.

Velocity 1000 reticle. Precise shot placement to 1000 yards with no estimating of holdover. The Velocity 1000 Reticle is clearly marked in 100 yard increments, with 25 yard sub-indicators beyond 400 yards. Windage compensation in 5, 10 and 15 mph increments.

Excellent condition. Slight shadow where rings were. No marks.

$1550.00 shipped

[/url
]

[url=https://postimages.org/][/url
]

[URL]https://www.nightforceoptics.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Reticle_Spec_Sheets/NightforceVelocity1000Data.pdf

TS-20-JCVR.png

Interested in any trade options?

what caliber and weight is the reticle set for?

That depends on DA.

At 2000-3000 DA the UHV.5 works well with 0.330-0.340 G7 BC at 3140-3170 fps and some lower BC bullets at higher speeds like a 243 AI.

Just calculate your dope with a 200 yd zero at the DA ranges you shoot in.

I use these reticles with a DA vs YDS matrix for click-correction and it's far faster than any other dope system, and despite most casual and competitive shooters hating on BDC's, as accurate or more accurate than their systems not mentioning you have more time to build a better position for all the time you saved in getting an accurate call.

They are beautiful tools when used intelligently - it's a shame so few FFP useful BDCs exist, for one can still dial traditionally like 95% of shooters do.

I just got 4th place in the sub 12# division of the Hornady Precision Hunter Challenge in Grand Junction CO (a blind format match as contrasted to the PRS/NRL sqaud style) where the individual's system, experience, and skill is actually tested shooter by shooter since stages are not squad efforts. I dialed only 1 click of correction all weekend.

here is the nominal HVM.5 dope from the scope I used and the dope for my 25 Creedmoor slowed way down for better recoil control (I never referenced this image one time but had it on hand).

1597719720496.png

Here is the DA vs YDS matrix that directs simply and extremely fast DA corrections per range band. as you can see a 1000 yd shot at 8500 DA and with a 21 degree incline would adjust -10 clicks. Even though we were shooting up and down mountains the max correction I needed across two days and 20 stages was 1 click.

1597719756696.png

Here are the nominal elevation measurements for the 8 types of NF Velocity 1000 reticles.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.55.37 PM.png