• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories FS Sig Sauer Cross barrels

A few questions:

-I saw where you said the CF barrels are going to be a heavier profile, what about the SS barrels? Are they going to be the same profile as the factory barrels? Don't want to add a bunch of weight to what is currently a pretty sleek hunting rifle.

-Approximate lead time?

A few questions:

-I saw where you said the CF barrels are going to be a heavier profile, what about the SS barrels? Are they going to be the same profile as the factory barrels? Don't want to add a bunch of weight to what is currently a pretty sleek hunting rifle.

-Approximate lead time?
I have extensions in hand. AMAZING Well designed.
The steel contour will be very very close to the Sig's contour. I'm trying to stay on speaking terms with Bartlein so I'm keeping the contours somewhat limited. With that said I'm sure I could get something similar to the Fix 16" light weight barrel for those who want it. Depending on demand a Bartlein #4 CF barrel is possible. Let's say two steel contours and two CF contours. The light weight steel contour would be limited to two blank lengths. A 16" and a 20" that could be shortened an inch or so on the breech end. If I was going CF, and keeping the weight to an absolute minimum was not the primary reason for going CF, I would go with the larger contour. Up to a certain point more is better when it comes to accuracy. Everything is a compromise.

Will they be forged CF like Proof barrels or CF weave like Christensen Arms. Thanks I wish I can find a Cross instock somewhere hunting season is going to be here soon and Sig needs to get this out there I bet as fast as they make them people are buying them. I have a Sig SRD762TI and a CGS Hyperion that I can’t wait To try with the cross and some subsonic .308s should sound quieter then a BB gun

Hi,
I spoke with my friend at Sig and he said they have 15-20,000 orders now. Crazy The CF is spun the same as Proof. Which is the best way to do it. The thread angle can be adjusted to add strength in different planes. Proof and I'm pretty sure Bartlein just apply it at 45 degree angles splitting the difference between hoop strength and axial strength.

Did he say when they will release them other then to Cabelas and basspro shops who sold out

@DAVETOOLEY

Do you know if you'll be able to do .277 fury barrels? for ones purchased as .308 or 6.5CM?
Or is it better to actually wait for the rifle to ship from the factory with it?

@DAVETOOLEY

Do you know if you'll be able to do .277 fury barrels? for ones purchased as .308 or 6.5CM?
Or is it better to actually wait for the rifle to ship from the factory with it?
I would think I could do them. I don't have any idea when ammo is going to be available. That round is going to be a learning experience for all of us.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Assuming my numbers are correct.
18" factory barrel 2.79 lbs.
16" CF barrel 2.27 lbs.
18" will add less than .3 lbs.
I have one 6.5 CF barrel left that will finish 16"-18"

Ah I haven't even shot my cross yet (waiting for it to return) and you are making me want to replace the barrel to matc my tikka bartlein carbon rig