• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FS2000

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
Any one on here have an FS2000? Do you like it? Fun to shoot? What kind of price are we looking at street value? Saw them on GB from $2800 to like $1700 or so.

I was thinking about getting one with the 1.5 optic and wondered what you guys thought about them. I have handled them and they feel more comfortable to me than the AUG's or Microtech's. Appreciate any input.

Just using it to screw around with and have some fun, btw. Not for anything serious.

Also tried searching but didn't really come up with anything.

Re: FS2000

I've never handled one or seen one but I have heard on ppl comment that have.

I heard that some people really don't like the design. The two polymer sides screw into each other like a walmart toy, and the mag-well o-ring that prevents grit from getting into the action is a real pian in the ass when it comes to mag seating

That being said it is supposed to be surprisingly accurate when benchrested.

If it wasn't restricted to range use only for me, and if the Tavor was not availible, than I'd probably get one.

One of the main things that I did like alot about it is the way the mags could be pulled out with only the one hand and not having to use your trigger finger to drop it. Just push and pull. It felt pretty natural. It would take some practice to get fluid with inserting the mags though since there is no flaring whatsoever it seems.

Any one else know anything about them or any using them here??? Would appreciate anything.

Jeremy

I ran about 100-150 rds through a full auto FS2000 a few months ago. That thing is a joke. The ejection system is a jam waiting to happen. If it does, it's a sumbitch to clear. It also has a plastic hammer and sear! Now that's brilliant on a full auto! The SCAR on the other hand, is NICE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran about 100-150 rds through a full auto FS2000 a few months ago. That thing is a joke. The ejection system is a jam waiting to happen. If it does, it's a sumbitch to clear. It also has a plastic hammer and sear! Now that's brilliant on a full auto! The SCAR on the other hand, is NICE. </div></div>

I have fired thousands of rounds through mine, mostly wolf steel cased - I have had FTF's but no FTE's and never had a jam in the ejection port. the plastic hammer and sear are quite robust; tested pretty thoroughly by a growing number of countries special ops forces. To me, the weak link is the charging handle; I have seen these break more than once.

I look at it as a specialized piece of equipment, not a replacement for the AR-15/M-16 family.

I have had mine for about a month now and it has been fairly reliable. I use the Silver Bear stuff (<500 rds) in it and have had no FTF or FTE problems with it. The one thing I did discover the hard way though was that I couldn't use my polymer p-mags on it. I tried to force one in it and managed to break the PLASTIC magazine catch. Called FN and they sent out two, yes two new ones NDA at no charge, even after I told them it was my stupidity that broke it. Reasonably accurate out to about 200 about 1-1.5 moa. I have seen the quote many times here so it definately applies- probably has minute of zombie accuracy farther out though. BTW, mine came with "iron sights" and no fancy stuff but it's more of an investment right now for me.

I shot one a handful of times. First time I tried an HK mag and it failed to feed a bunch. I think it didn't seat the mag proper since the HK mag doesn't have a hole for the mag catch. Next I shot it with plain USGI mags and it worked fine.

Still the FS2000 is pretty plastic-ee feeling and really bulky. The AUG is way more ergonomic to me and even though it's got a plastic stock, didn't feel like a toy. Trigger on the FS2000 felt terrible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the main things that I did like alot about it is the way the mags could be pulled out with only the one hand and not having to use your trigger finger to drop it. Just push and pull. It felt pretty natural. It would take some practice to get fluid with inserting the mags though since there is no flaring whatsoever it seems.

Any one else know anything about them or any using them here??? Would appreciate anything.

Jeremy </div></div>

Thats one of the reasons I wouldn't buy one. It's just to slow to have pull the mag out. With an AR platform you can drop the mag with your trigger finger as your weak hand reaches for the fresh mag at the same time.
I think the trigger sucks balls too. I don't like that rubbery forgrip thing too. If you could replace that with a short vertical grip I think it would be more comfortable too.

I just don't like bullpups conf. in an assault rifle so I had an unfairly biased POV shooting it. I do however like the sight picture I got with it, it was fast and easy considering it's a system I had no expirience with. I hated everything else about it.

The FS2000 is WEIRD! But I have found it to function flawlessly. I don't know what they made the body of the stock so wide? But you get used to it.

I can do double taps quick quickly, and it is very compact.

I dared and took apart the stock halves and lubed the trigger rails and now have a very nice light trigger. The screws have not worked loose in any way.

No issue with my HK MK2 mags and XM193 ammmo. I disagree the ejection system is a jamm waiting to happnen. Belgian SF seem to be happy with them, as do the other half dozen + militaries who have adopted them. They are ambi, light, easy to train with and on, light recoil and take stanag mags.

The internals are a work of art. Scary if something happened, but I have never heard of anyone complaining about something breaking, kind of like Daewoo parts.. more heresay then reality imho.

I also removed my rubber skirting, and mag changes are now very quick. The current optic is a Aimpoint CS on a half inch riser as the thickness of the stock almost madates a higher optic platform to achieve a natural cheek weld.

If this was the only gun I could grab in a hurry, I would not feel I took a bad one. I think it truely shines as a CQB weapon.

My $0.02 If you want one, get one.
But I am a bullpup nut
smile.gif

A friend said it was like point a Bass down range. After hearing that and shooting one I'm not certain I could ever own one.

A lot of people say the Monolith Arms frontend really helps - the P90 shaped one.

A friend of mine just got one so I'm going to fool around with it a little bit before I get one. Thanks for all of the responses and feedback. Jeremy.

Ive had one since August with zero issues.Paid $1950.
Im using the C Products teflon coated SS mags. They actually pull free much easier than other mags I tried. They made all the difference for me. Im missing half the length of the fingers on my right hand so Im extra sensitive about the mag issue.

I have no regrets on this purchase

I handled a couple and just couldnt warm up to it. It really seemed like if you painted the tip orange, everyone would think you had an airsoft toy and thats how ot felt to me. It just doesnt seem like it is at all ruged. This is opinion based on impressions not experience so it may be the toughest thing going but....someone I know with extensive FN experience did not speak very highly of it. I dont have a problem with plastic either, I have a PS90. Just dont like that one.

I have had one for a little more than a year now, and have put about 3k rounds through it. Mostly federal american eagle. It shoots and points very well. Like everyone has said above the magazine can be hard to eject and the trigger kind of sloppy. But, overall it is an excellent weapon and I have had no problems with it. It has functioned flawlessly. I believe I paid about 2K for it.