• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing FTV...Shooting Tripod!!

Ghogs Nightmare

Wobi Madano
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2006
In the Nightmares of Ghogs
Sorry its nothing all that fancy so if thats what you were looking for dont read any further.
Well I had this project in my head for awhile. Had a Leupold tripod that I wasn't using and a LARGE piece of pvc left overs. Well I lost the left over at some point so I took my butt to Home Depot an bought the coupling and some gorilla glue while I was there.
Came home was going to use a hacksaw to keep things under control and precise. Yeah patience..ruled that a class "FD" (see acroynm post) so got the dremel out an halved it real quick. An while I was at it hit it with the sander. Once that was all done drilled a hole that would allow it to be screwed onto the top tripod. Then took a piece of "pad" and glued and clamped it on via gorilla glue. Unclamped an hit it with krylon.
Results:

Folded up with other half of PVC an pad:
DSC02104.jpg

Side View:
DSC02106.jpg

Front View (yes its unloaded):
DSC02107.jpg

But WHY?....FTV.....cuz...FRONT TOWARDS VARMINT:
DSC02108.jpg

(yeah realized the typo, added the S after pic)
That means front towards this guy:
MDGC0104.jpg

Yeah I have a sense of humor was a little bored but mainly wanted to get this lil project done. My game came is also so good it takes pics in the future.

Re: FTV...Shooting Tripod!!

I threw together something very similar, yet not quite as elaborate as yours some time ago.. I will try and remember to put up some pictures of it in action tommorrow. Awesome idea bro. FTV is kick ass..

Re: FTV...Shooting Tripod!!

I just finished a low-buck shooting tripod just like yours, and was getting ready to squirt it with Krylon tomorrow. I got a smoking deal on a $100 tripod for $20 off of ebay, and built a similar PVC rest.