• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fudd RO of all Fudd’s??

Fudd wars are funny.

I used to belong to a club that only allowed "certified bench rest shooters" to place targets on the 500 yard range on Wednesday mornings. A few of the club Fudds wanted to use it as their private range on Wednesday mornings and would usually shoot a few rounds, drink coffee and talk.. But club rules allowed them to keep other shooters off the range.

So I requested from the club's board of directors to become a "certified bench rest shooter". That required the club to actually design and teach a course in order to certify those interested. Only a couple of us showed up. So I took my AR15 rifle in 6.5 Grendel to some of the bench rest matches, and became certified.

I showed up on a Wednesday morning with my certification card and club rule list in my range bag. While I was setting up, one of the Fudd told me I couldn't be on the range, so I asked "why not?" He told me that per club rules, only "certified bench rest shooters" could use the range on Wednesday mornings. So I produced my certifcation card. Then he shifted to "Well, that isn't a bench rest rifle". When showed him the score cards from previous bench rest matches where I used that rifle, and said this is in fact the very rifle I use at the Bench rest matches, he insisted it wasn't allowed, and called in the Range RO.

The Range RO was a fellow Fudd, and told me I couldn't shoot that rifle, even though I showed him my certification and the score cards from previous bench rest matches where I used exactly that rifle. I would not fail to disobey a RO and get loose my membership, and advised the RO that I would write to the club's board of directors.

I wrote to the board of directors, and they said the RO was within his power to tell me to cease shooting, but agreed with me and said that my contentions about using the range were correct, and that I was following all club rules. The board of directors finally realized what the Fudds were doing, and rather than tell the Fudds they were wrong, they removed the Fudds exclusive use of the range on Wednesday mornings.

It took me 2 months to win, but I finally beat the Fudds by using the rules they put in place. Now anyone can shoot on that range, and the exclusive Wednesday morning Fudd range is gone.

Rules are rules. Don't want to lose your range permit over people whining and failing to comply.
Then everyone loses.
permit.gif

I'd need to make a list. But it always started with the mag dumpers and people trying to teach others how to shoot.

The worst:
The chick that shot her boyfriend because she got hot brass between her tits was the worst though. It happened a few minutes after we left.

A guy picking up a loaded pistol to describe something and swept everyone down line with his finger on the trigger.

Plenty of other things but I'm not gonna write all of it out before having coffee.

Suffice to say, it's the same shit that happens at ranges all over the world

I think I know where their sister range is located. In the short time I shot there, I had more guns pointed at me than all other ranges I've set foot on in my life...and that's more than a few.

The final straw was watching a competitor turn up range with a loaded 1911. He swept most of the line, people are diving for cover. The RO pushed his arm back, cleared him and started walking back uprange. I approached the RO and said, "Muzzle?" He replied, "Yeah, it was close." Packed my stuff and left.

I have to say I actually enjoy shooting at JTAC, even if it is a public range.
The shooters are all tested by the staff before accepting them as members.
We RO ourselves and just don't have any crazy issues.
Manatee scared the shit outta me and I'm glad I don't have to drive down there and use it. And also, not have to deal with their ROs.
I wish JTAC was a thing when I was living down there. Manatee was an absolute shit show, especially on the weekends. Dangerous as shit. Last time I was there though, they still had the 1,000yd range...so it has been a while.

The RO's there used to be a hit or miss. I remember some being chill guys, especially during the week, but I do remember one being an absolute Fudd douche. If you didn't get there right when it opened on a weekday or if you went on a weekend, you were putting your life at risk.

I wish JTAC was a thing when I was living down there. Manatee was an absolute shit show, especially on the weekends. Dangerous as shit. Last time I was there though, they still had the 1,000yd range...so it has been a while.

The RO's there used to be a hit or miss. I remember some being chill guys, especially during the week, but I do remember one being an absolute Fudd douche. If you didn't get there right when it opened on a weekday or if you went on a weekend, you were putting your life at risk.

Manatee still had 1k when I stopped going.
Funny thing is we have quite a few people drive up to JTAC from Manatee Co, Naples, Nokomis and even Miami area, so people feel it's worth it.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Manatee still had 1k when I stopped going.
Funny thing is we have quite a few people drive up to JTAC from Manatee Co, Naples, Nokomis and even Miami area, so people feel it's worth it.
If I ever make it back down there, I’m going to check em out.

It's probably the highlight of his week, being in charge at the range.

fuck me it would be the highlight of my week as well... not to be a know it all hotshot but to get paid to sit around, talk about guns and maybe help someone spot/sight in/troubleshoot their gun a bit.
when its slow or just you and maybe one or two regulars who you know you can trust grab out your own rifle and shoot a bit lol

im sure its not all im cracking it up to be but still... doesnt sound like a bad gig haha =)

After reading 2 1/2 pages, I have come to the realization that most shooters are a bunch of Narcissistic A-Holes. I'm a Member, Board Member, Shooter, & RO @ a Michigan Gun Club that has been in Service since the 1940's. I've had grown men hold back tears when I've helped sight in a passed father's rifle, and I've been flagged when customers come thru our doors with an uncased long gun. I've argued with other Board Members to keep the Club open during a Pandemic, and have sat at an empty Club unpaid due to lack of ammo/shooters. Most people think by paying 5-10 or $15 to shoot, they deserve some kind of special treatment.

I've seen new shooters attempt to sight in a $450 LE Colt Ar15 with and under torqued barrel, and shooters run 9mm thru a Glock 22/23. How about helping a Business owner who is trying to shoot sub moa with a 8k Blaser/ Swarovski combo. 375 H&H safari loads be what they be! Come November you might see a SKS with a $50 4x scope for deer hunting or a 350 legend/450 bushmaster if your lucky. Currently every other stall door has impact marks from double taps that were too high. Biden has really helped bring in 1st time shooters!

Always fun trying to dig a 22lr center x cartridge out of a 5k Anschutz because some college girl won't run a brass rod down the barrel to remove the stuck case. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to replace a downed target cable, or shovel 6" to 1' from the walkway to the club, so our Senior members can shoot without falling during winter months. Most Clubs don't live high on the Hog, as I've purchased most of our current lobby furniture 2nd hand from banks or realty offices.

When your kids take a Hunter's Safety class, or you/spouse/g-friend take a CPL class, most ranges see no proceeds going towards the Club. If you happen to shoot bullseye, eggs, bowling pins, or cmp matches, the Club will be lucky to cover expenses for the event. Once you figure in Taxes, Electricity, Maintenance, Snow Removal, and Grass Cutting, most Clubs require 25-50k a year to stay open. I'm not putting all this out here to vent! I'm asking those of you with Firearms knowledge to donate your time & energy to your local Club. I've worked on/with more guns than the folks @ S&W. I've helped shooters from 5 to 95, and it bring a grin every time , no matter the age. Sometimes life is more than just looking out for yourself.....