• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Full auto glock, legally.

dmiller369

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2012
For Fun, I would like to purchase a stock and a forward grip for my glock. I would also like to add a silencer and a full auto switch.

I know this sounds rediculous but i want to know how to do this legally.

-stock
-forward grip
-silencer
-full auto

Now im told all these items seperatly need to have the 200.000 tax but is there a way to just pay it for the gun instead of each individual item? so i pay 200 instead of 800.00 in tax?

thanks

Re: Full auto glock, legally.

You can SBR the Glock on a Form-1 for the stock and forward grip.

The suppressor is a Form-4 transfer unless permanently attached to the Glock SBR above.

The fun switch is a no go unless your holding a SOT FFL and letterhead or happen to find one transferrable on a Form-4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this sounds rediculous but i want to know how to do this legally.

-full auto

</div></div>

Aint happening...unless you are a manufacturer.

A few transferrable G18s are floating around out there, but they are expensive. Try the foregrip and buttstock on a registered SBR Glock, especially with a red dot on the slide. That's about as useful as a handgun can be made. And Glocks work well with suppressors. However, the full-auto version of any Glock won't cycle with a can on it. Or at least not with any reliability. If you want a suppressed carbine, get one, but as versatile as the Glock is, there are some things it just isn't.
And I am a Glock fan.

[/quote]

Aint happening...unless you are a manufacturer. [/quote]

ok, what hoops do i need to jump through to become a "manufacturer"

you would need to get an 07 FFL I believe.

Besides because you can, I ask why?

This reminds me of a guy who swore he was going to make his brand new Evo a 10 second street car, he was serious too.

I once drove a Pinto it did 10 seconds to 100ft!

well i need an ffl7/02 from what it looks like. I guess im gonna start looking that direction. I've always wanted to be in the firearm business, i guess ill go get me an LLC and a sign for the garage.

wounder what this is going to cost me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">e.

wounder what this is going to cost me. </div></div>

A nice big wad of cash!! Also an arm but they usually let you keep the leg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides because you can, I ask why? </div></div>

why own more than one hand gun? why own own a corvette? why own a lake house? why have two girlfriends?

I just facepalmed through my head. Please refer to illustrations below.

24yy96r.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i need an ffl7/02 from what it looks like. I guess im gonna start looking that direction. I've always wanted to be in the firearm business, i guess ill go get me an LLC and a sign for the garage.

wounder what this is going to cost me. </div></div>

The ATF auditors are going to love you!

Thank you SO much for starting this thread.

I'm looking to do the same thing with the Wildey Magnum I bought of Charles Bronson after he filmed Death Wish 7, or was it 10? anyway.

I can't wait to be rocking my .475 Wildey with stock suppressor and auto sear.

OH YEAH, because it's 'Merica and I can!

Instead of just getting 1 I would do two of them. This way you eleminate the need for a front grip. Much easier to control in Full auto.

fullautoglock_zps4f8f4446.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this sounds rediculous but i want to know how to do this legally.

-stock
-forward grip</div></div>

Registering the pistol as a SBR will allow you to install a stock and forward grip. This requires a Form 1 to "make" a Short Barreled Rifle and requires you pay a one time $200 tax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-silencer</div></div>

A silencer or suppressor is considered a separate serialized item and will also require a $200 tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-full auto </div></div>

Not going to happen unless you find a "transferrable" Glock OR you are LE/Mil/FFL SOT. However if you do find a transferrable G18 it will only cost you one $200 tax and you can slap a stock and VFG on it without any extra hassles.

If you intend to go into business manufacturing Title II firearms you can just complete the appropriate paperwork, pay your fees and become a Manufacturer. However this is not cheap and if you are doing it to just make toys for yourself you could be looking at some problems of the Federal variety.

I have been looking into a FFL SOT for some of the work I do. It's not as difficult as it seems, but don't think you can just do the paperwork and then buy/build all the toys you want. Otherwise everyone would pay the yearly fee to own new machine guns.

I've looked for G18's off and on and I've always been disappointed to find they're not transferable to civilians. At least the ones I found. I'm guessing if there are any that are, there is a hundred or fewer. I have NO PROOF of that, just my speculation.

I've only ever found them on GB once, guy had ten of them. This was about three years ago or so. Of course, all of them were as I stated above, only LE/Military transferable.

I have shot one before pretty fun. I think you would better off going after a MP5 or a AR with a 9mm upper. G18 are White Whales for Civilians.
Sorry man,

Had the chance to use a glock 18 on a tire house training exercise in 1988.
Awesome fun, not too sure about the practicality in regards to a pistol, works better as a mini sub-gun.
fun as hell, send photos if you get one:)

I do have to add, the OP will not find the G18 practical in just about any way. Sure, you get style points but at some point you are going to want to actually use it with whatever goals you have in find: ie train, really shoot.

The reality is they run very fast, are a little difficult to control and greatly increase the chances of shooting yourself with it. I am not commenting on YOUR skill. Seriously. They kinda suck.

If you are really interested in doing. Class 3 to shoot, get a 9mm sub gun of some flavor. Not a Glock 18 or any make of 9mm auto-pistol (beretta, hk, Glock )

TTR

well in all seriousness, i wanted to see what it was going to take to get done. after research i can see its really not worth the hassle by any means. i only wanted it for something different and fun to shoot. and nobody can argue it wouldn't be fun.

i just find it hilarious the guys behind the computer on this site posting all that crap. Almost wounder if they are just some 12 year old kids the way they act.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> after research i can see its really not worth the hassle by any means. </div></div>

You must not have done much research. It's not just "not worth the hassle," it's also a very serious crime. There are NO full auto, transferable Glocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> after research i can see its really not worth the hassle by any means. </div></div>

You must not have done much research. It's not just "not worth the hassle," it's also a very serious crime. There are NO full auto, transferable Glocks. </div></div>

So out of curiosity I just looked into this and it seems like the application is much less serious than I thought. It seems like you can pay 150 for 3 years to become a ffl and 500 a year for your SOT. Add in another 200 and you now have rights to manufacture all the above. I know the major stipulation is you have intent to sell, but that isn't specific to how many you have to sell. As long as you do something like sell a suppressor or something once a year( even if you sell it at your dealer price just to sell it) your fully legal?

For anyone that thinks this isn't allowed because its not the 'honest' reason for the licensing....This is just as deceiving as using a trust for a suppressor to bypass the individual hassles... The ability to use a trust is a loophole, and is just as deceptive in what your actual plans are for the suppressor. As long as you follow the letter of the law, you are not at risk.

That almost sounds too good to be true..... I'm sure the amount of $$ saved from dealer pricing on everything from reloading supplies to guns and ammo... it would more than pay for all the fees for many people.

Many people get hung up on the $2700 state department fee. The caveat to the fee ]is that you only need to pay that fee if you sell to the military/government or export..... Obviously you will not be. Some people like to feel extra safe and get this certification, but many legitimate companies have confirmed with the ATF that it is not needed if your product doesn't get exported.

Too much of a hassle for me, but interesting nonetheless.

Actually, there are no transferable G18s in the register. All of them that are in the country would be considered post samples. As far as ITAR is concerned it is currently $2250 a year and is pretty much required unless you can get a jurisdiction exemption from State.

That being said, the G18 is a blast to shoot
grin.gif

2013-01-29201534_zps5fb7baa7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> after research i can see its really not worth the hassle by any means. </div></div>

You must not have done much research. It's not just "not worth the hassle," it's also a very serious crime. There are NO full auto, transferable Glocks. </div></div>

So out of curiosity I just looked into this and it seems like the application is much less serious than I thought. It seems like you can pay 150 for 3 years to become a ffl and 500 a year for your SOT. Add in another 200 and you now have rights to manufacture all the above. I know the major stipulation is you have intent to sell, but that isn't specific to how many you have to sell. As long as you do something like sell a suppressor or something once a year( even if you sell it at your dealer price just to sell it) your fully legal?

For anyone that thinks this isn't allowed because its not the 'honest' reason for the licensing....This is just as deceiving as using a trust for a suppressor to bypass the individual hassles... The ability to use a trust is a loophole, and is just as deceptive in what your actual plans are for the suppressor. As long as you follow the letter of the law, you are not at risk.

That almost sounds too good to be true..... I'm sure the amount of $$ saved from dealer pricing on everything from reloading supplies to guns and ammo... it would more than pay for all the fees for many people.

Many people get hung up on the $2700 state department fee. The caveat to the fee ]is that you only need to pay that fee if you sell to the military/government or export..... Obviously you will not be. Some people like to feel extra safe and get this certification, but many legitimate companies have confirmed with the ATF that it is not needed if your product doesn't get exported.

Too much of a hassle for me, but interesting nonetheless. </div></div>

It is certainly not the same thing as using a trust, which is expressly provided for in the NFA.

Becoming an FFL without having a legitimate intent to engage in business is not the same thing. If you are not in the business of selling/manufacturing firearms for livelihood and profit, you are not eligible to have that type of FFL under the law.

What that would mean is that if your FFL were revoked, you'd be in possession of contraband. What would you do with it then?

If paying the $$$ was all that I had to do to have an FFL (even if not the SOT), I would have done it a long time ago, and so would a lot of other firearms enthusiasts. Unfortunately, there is no "hobbyist" FFL. I wish there were--it'd be a great idea. But there isn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage168USAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> after research i can see its really not worth the hassle by any means. </div></div>

Too much of a hassle for me, but interesting nonetheless. </div></div>

It is certainly not the same thing as using a trust, which is expressly provided for in the NFA.

Becoming an FFL without having a legitimate intent to engage in business is not the same thing. If you are not in the business of selling/manufacturing firearms for livelihood and profit, you are not eligible to have that type of FFL under the law.

What that would mean is that if your FFL were revoked, you'd be in possession of contraband. What would you do with it then?

If paying the $$$ was all that I had to do to have an FFL (even if not the SOT), I would have done it a long time ago, and so would a lot of other firearms enthusiasts. Unfortunately, there is no "hobbyist" FFL. I wish there were--it'd be a great idea. But there isn't. </div></div>

What proof is there that the purpose of the FFL is not for profit? Once again, you would indeed have to sell something here or there. But I'm sure many people, sell off parts of their gun collection every year anyways, to make room for other stuff. Spend a couple hours making a website with a couple items and thats all the proof you need. I fully understand that you might lose your boys scouts badge of honesty, since in reality your purpose is to add to your personal collection. However the point is that if someone wanted to, they could, and without you telling the ATF that that is your purpose, they would never know.

The trust option is provided as you said, but its not provided to be used to get around the fingerprinting/CLEO sign off. However thats what people use it for, hence deceiving. A trust generally has the purpose of passing items/money on to benificiaries... most commonly associated with when you pass way. It is NOT made for the purpose that people use it to acquire ATF items. It is a 'loophole' sort of speak.