• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fulton Armory .308 Titan...good or bad?

Cyclops

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2003
NOVA
All,

I'm breaking into the .308 AR field. I have an iron ridge lower. I was looking at the Fulton Armory Titan series of uppers. I like the 18" FAR 308 Liberator LTE upper. I've looked for info on this particular upper/rifle but there's not a lot out there. Does anyone have any experience with this system? Good or bad.

Re: Fulton Armory .308 Titan...good or bad?

I have one with an 18 inch barrel and I LOVE it. It shoots under a minute out to 500 with FGMM. I haven't shot it any further yet. I have a few thousand rounds through it with no problems.

vsg8l3.jpg

2zfiomw.jpg

Mine seems to hold about 1 moa out to 800 yards.
It never really shoots "tight" at any distance but that doesn't matter much to me.
It's always been supersonic at 1k when handloaded with 155 palma SMK's pushed to 2700 ft/sec.

If you do the marksmanship part right, you should never miss a bowling pin out to 600 yards.
Even clays get tagged repeatedly at 600.

One moa (actual) is not bad for this type of rifle.
I spent less than 2k on everything pictured, and I've been pleased with it.

It has only functioned flawlessly (around 750 rounds so far) with the Mag-pul magazine.

Their barrels are good but the rest of the parts are pretty much DPMS and can be had elsewhere for less money. JSESurplus for instance has DPMS quad rail handguards and upper receivers for less than fulton prices.

I have a 16" fulton barrel btw and it is a shooter when I do my part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their barrels are good but the rest of the parts are pretty much DPMS and can be had elsewhere for less money. JSESurplus for instance has DPMS quad rail handguards and upper receivers for less than fulton prices.

I have a 16" fulton barrel btw and it is a shooter when I do my part. </div></div>

The barrel is a Criterion, (A button rifled barrel division of Kreiger I was told).
I don't think the steel is the same.
Mine is 410 stainless.

The upper is an extruded DPMS heavy wall with a cocking slot cut out of it.
I thought that the cost was reasonable for the added work done.

IMO
The DPMS quad rail is a HEAVY, poorly machined pig of a FF tube.

Fulton's bolt carrier was priced a little high, but I asked, and paid less.
It seldom hurts to ask, and I wouldn't have paid retail anyway.

The cocking handle is threaded and requires a smidge of blue loc-tite to stay tight.
It is annoying to remove for disassembly, but I have plans on using it as a straight pull manual loader with no barrel gas port.