• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fulton Armory AR's....your thoughts

Re: Fulton Armory AR's....your thoughts

Try Les Baer's ARs... most accurate out of the box. It's the way he actually machines them. If I actually wanted an AR, it would be one of Les's.

Had one some years ago with a floated 20" 1 in 8 twist. Reliably 3/4 MOA with 77 SMKs and about a half MOA with some of the lighter bullets. Boringly reliable too. Sold it for another project, but the new rifle didn't shoot any better when the dust settled.

Fulton stuff is a pretty good value for its price point - I wouldn't be concerned about buying one if that was my price range.

Les Baer is obviously not remotely in the same price range, and I'd probably look at Hogan or something similar where you aren't paying a fortune for the name if for some reason my price range was double what the Fulton stuff ran.

Fulton makes decent stuff for the money. Another good-for-the-money is RRA.

My good for the money choice would be a rifle built around a white oak barrel. I recently helped a friend build one using

white oak 18"
midwest handguards
A2 stock
RRA 2 stage

was around 1100 and he's super happy with it.

The barrel is the heart of the rifle. If you don't have a good barrel, you won't have much to show for it. Their match barrel on my build is shooting in the .3's so that's something to consider.

I can't comment on their full rifles, but Fulton's stainless barrels are 410 stainless from Criterion. They should be very similar to BCM's SS410 stainless barrels, which are also from Criterion and have very good reports of accuracy.

I have a FA 6.5 creedmoor phantom upper using a 24 in criterion barrel. The gun is better then I am. although i am new to AR, the parts looked top notch.