• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fulton Armory FAR-308 Titan 18.5 SS barrel

Re: Fulton Armory FAR-308 Titan 18.5 SS barrel

What kind of accuracy are you seeing out of it and have you tried and 175's or 178's out of it?

I have shot both out of it, AMAXs and SMKs. They seem to perform equally well, if there's a difference, I can't discern it, but I haven't shot extreme distance with it either. Here's a picture of a 5-shot target with 175 SMKs (FGMM):

17coxw.jpg

This group would be much smaller with an expert behind the rifle. I've had no trouble repeating that kind of performance though, when I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I have total confidence that this is a bug-hole barrel.

I appreciate the feedback and the target. What type of velocity are you seeing with the 175's and 178's?

the only problem is that they use a big diameter gas block..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only problem is that they use a big diameter gas block.. </div></div>

Just curious, how is that a problem? Are you trying to fit a gas block under a handguard or what?

IIRC they make low profile 936 gas block that will fit under handguards...but it's rifle gas so you honestly have to try to find a handguard that is longer than that. Not an issue imo.

BCP,

I don't see the 16" on their site. Did they discontinue it? Noting your comment about the weight I was curious as to the difference between it and the 18.5".

Yeah discontinued. It's the 18" without the last two inches, weighs about 2 3/4 lbs.

If you're mainly building a bench/range toy rifle and can't spend more than 300 on a barrel I highly recommend their stainless barrels. Mine has been very accurate.

If you want something to tote around...get their 18" chrome lined or go with another barrel maker entirely...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want something to tote around...get their 18" chrome lined or go with another barrel maker entirely... </div></div>Just put my rifle back together with one of the 18.5" CL lightweight barrels. Still do not have the scope mounted, or the Troy FF tube mounted (bad Barrel nut), but I really like the way the balance of the gun has changed. Not all that much lighter than the AP4 configuration, but being spread out better. Feels like a rifle, not a lead brick.