• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUN 300AAC Blackout

Shit, that video revived my interest in a suppressed bolt action .300BLK. I need more money.

It's a wicked little set up... I'm working on the review now, and our first coyote kill on film should be up soon, debuting the CR-MOD1... Let's just say it puts, "hollywood quiet" to the test.

Skinny: I watched a couple of Oneill Ops videos of you guys punching yotes with the LRI 22-250. Curious what bullet you guys are running? I'm getting the itch for a fast twist 22-250/AI shooting 75g amaxes.

I have been hunting and plinking with a unsupressed 300 BLK for several years in an AR platform and love it. I have been drooling about a build with a Reminton 700 AAC-SD 300 BLK in a MDT-LSS or Element chassis. I have one of these guns in a 308 in a LSS chassis set up now and really like it but the 300 is so much fun to shoot and uses a lot less powder.

It's a wicked little set up... I'm working on the review now, and our first coyote kill on film should be up soon, debuting the CR-MOD1... Let's just say it puts, "hollywood quiet" to the test.

Anxiously awaiting this.......

I forgot to ask, what were the load specs? More specifically what powder was used?

Thanks skinney,

I've been doing a lot of reading on the 300 BLK forum and someone over there said that powders like H110 and Lil Gun are more appropriate for gas guns, and that they are slower and needlessly loud in a bolt gun. They recommended smaller charges of faster burning powders such as Unique, Red Dot, or Vihtavuori N110 that will produce much "quieter" ammo. I was just curious if you have tried any other powders and what your results were. I don't understand how powder can make a difference in sound as long as your subsonic.

I built myself a bolt action Blackout several years ago with a Bartlein and AI covert suppressor on an old slick 5 digit Rem action. Way Way too much fun. I shoot mostly Hornady Whisper ammo. A BB gun makes more noise. Nothing is safe in the backyard.

Thanks skinney,

I've been doing a lot of reading on the 300 BLK forum and someone over there said that powders like H110 and Lil Gun are more appropriate for gas guns, and that they are slower and needlessly loud in a bolt gun. They recommended smaller charges of faster burning powders such as Unique, Red Dot, or Vihtavuori N110 that will produce much "quieter" ammo. I was just curious if you have tried any other powders and what your results were. I don't understand how powder can make a difference in sound as long as your subsonic.

With this set up, you ain't gettin her any quieter with a different powder, she's as quiet as she's gonna get!

That's good to hear...... cause I have alot of H110 and have a build coming together similar to yours

Damn, that is sweet. Kinda makes me want to turn my savage .223 into a 300blk as opposed to a fast twist .223.. decisions, decisions...