• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fun Target Idea!

charlie_atlas

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2012
West, Tennessee
Saw these in the store today and thought for a buck you could have some fun 50, 100, and 100+ yard targets. I couldnt find the ".22 target idea" thead and Im sure Im not the first with this idea but had to get these out there. Enjoy

IMAG0724.jpg

Pack of 20 = $1.00

Re: Fun Target Idea!

Shooting indians? That's racist...

No no, I kid, these actually look pretty fun for the 100yrd line. Never crossed my mind as targets.

I'd be on the line, ready to shoot, only to realize that my kid had swiped my targets for his own playful purposes.

But I'm gonna try some anyway!

Great minds think alike i guess. But I mainly use army men in the snow(when we get snow) with my little sister.

We have a shoot every Wed afternoon (take turns buying lunch) shooting the little Army men. We call it Tiny Terrorist Training Camp. We zero at 50 yards (and a 100) and then use 2x4's with a bead of caulk to hold them in place and take turns shooting at them. Usually you get to shoot three of the tiny's and then on to the next guy. It's a group of old guys having a blast! I really think the lunch could be just as important?? Well maybe a close second!

shot those type of little figurines in the late 80's with my pellet gun when I was 8 or 10 yrs old. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shot those type of little figurines in the late 80's with my pellet gun when I was 8 or 10 yrs old. lol </div></div>

were we in the same basement?

open sights w/ BB gun and little plastic figures = excellent training without even knowing it for the pre puberty crowd!

What are you talking about in the 80s..... ? I still do that in my basement
laugh.gif

Not a bad idea at all! I foresee a new game of cowboys and indians where each of you gets the same number of cowboys/indians and take turns trying to kill the other guy's men. Lots of potential!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTSEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can i get a case of 'Little Jihadists' for target practice? </div></div>

I got mine at a dollar store.

We are all kids at heart, some things will never change. How about a little double faced tape to hold them in place.

lol. i started buying paper cut outs of teddy bears and the girl sign at Michael's. They are white so its easy to see holes and everyone kind of gets a kick out of doing head shots on them.

You guys are great. I am still laughing. I love the idea , cowboys vs terrorists , the only thing missing is a sand pile and body odor. One question, how do you put a rag on such a small head ??? Maybe I can dive down and ask Osama how he put his on. Dam forgot he is missing his head.

Where can i get a case of 'Little Jihadists' for target practice?

We buy ours in the toy section of Grocery stores, Rite Aids and Dollar store's.
We also have been using lollipops. We take 2x4's and drill same size holes's as the lolli stick and line them up. They blow up when you hit them! I mean vaporize! You get three shots hit or miss and then on to the next guy. They really get the guys laughing!!

VERY cool idea. Another one that is a little more difficult to do these days, due to digital cameras, is take 35mm film canisters and fill them with talcum powder or baking soda. When you shoot them, you usually get a poof of a white cloud.