• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Fun with a china marker!

MrDrift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
SE Michigan
I was looking for a non-permanent way to color my stamped letters on my receiver and a thread on the hide suggested a China Marker. It seems to do the trick and looks like it's more permanent than I though it would be. If I like it enough and it ever comes off, I'll probably paint it in. For now though, it looks good.

Edit:

Did the Fire and Safe engravings

Re: Fun with a china marker!

Pretty much the same thing. I'm not sure on the material differences between crayons and a China Marker, but when I was using it it sure acted like crayons. When I wiped it down afterward it liquefied some and smoothed out a little. The finish on the metal was w/o protection now so I had to wipe it down with some rem oil and it seemed to hold up to that just fine so far.

grease pens is what we called them. or grease pencils. i wish someone made the epoxy sticks in blue. just red, yellow and gold i think.

I don't really get the point here, but looks like you might have gotten what you were after!

Just like the look of the white lettering, though I think I might take it off the barrel. I think it looks a little out of place way out there.

It stands out more, not sure if thats for a easy identifier or just to distinguish which rifle but i dont see any real reason for it.

Some people like painting their guns...look at ARFCOM color fill threads. To each his own. Personally I don't decorate my tools with paint..

It's just a cosmetic thing really, but I like it. I have all of my 700's done that way, and the FCG markings on one of my AR's too.

FWIW, I used a white tire shop crayon.

I have all the handles on my craftsman tools painted for ID too, so maybe I just like paint.

I like it, gives it a "differnt than yours" look. Too many guns on here look just alike. Great job.