• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Image 72.jpeg

Pouncey sleeps under my wood stove (still too warm for it). I do not understand how he does not boil inside his skin...

But, hey, that's why cats are awesome!

Sirhr
we lost power for a few days in the old house, and ran a kerosene heater when home, ,
the cats would put thier feet on the heater base and lay there for hours, getting up once in a while to flip over,

keep in mind it never got below 50 in the house while we were not there, and the heater got cranked up as soon as I got home and ran until bed time (when the cats decided to sleep on top of us)

We had to build leveled decks in the porta potties at Kirkuk because the “Third country nationals” kept slipping on the unlevel plastic around the toilet opening and falling into the shit.

You can’t make this up.

This one’s for the filipinos
View attachment 8299379

Death wasn’t even a concern. It was the heat those damn things took in on the metal. Slide down it in the summer in shorts and lose half your back leg to it. Cooked and screeeeched right off. I can still hear it. In the winter it iced over and you shot out of it into the next county then you died.

Some next-next level genius at my grade school took an old two story fire escape slide and turned it into a recess tool. Welded up the ladder and a long metal slide plate at the bottom that got amazingly hot. At least once a year that thing would take a child and teach them about friction and gravity. Nobody cared. It was a good time to be a kid.

Remember the outside faucets that had the square tool you needed to turn it on.

"Someone" brought in some plyers from home, and another someone got a hose from a house near by.

Insta waterslide.

And yes people died.

Man that was fun. I did not even get in THAT much trouble, was told it was some good thinking.

During Clinton I got stuck in spot #1 at a red light when he rolled through town.

There was a motorcycle cop (city cop) at the light making sure we just sat there.

That was the only thing between me and the car with the pres. But with all the black cars I was not sure what one he was in.....not like I would do anything, it was cool to see all that rolling through, and wondering about the mini guns in the SUV's.

I always thought there should be a wall of cars at the stop lights and all side streets to stop just that from happening.

I also saw Bush 1 at the white house way back.

Doing the white house tour we are in a room off the front door and the dog comes flying down stairs barking. We all turn around and the tour guide says, well I guess I can't compete with the Pres dog, we all snapping photos like crazy of the dog.

Then Marine 1 lands and he gets out, now our noses are pressed to the window. They let the dog out the front door and it ran right up to him. He did not come in the front door, but the dog ran out.

That was super cool as well.

The dog acted just like any other dog who's "dad" had come home from work. Man can't be all bad if the dog likes him.

The dog acted just like any other dog whose "dad" had come home from work. Man can't be all bad if the dog likes him.
Remember this thought when you have a govt trained fur missile hanging off your arm from the bitey part.

This is not a meme… this is the ACTUAL ad that Toys for Tots just used on Facebook to promote giving to their charity! (Which is a great charity and the Marines do amazing work supporting it)

But holy crap… talk about one tone deaf trope!!!!

View attachment 8299490
I know, right? Blatantly promoting deforestation by burning a log in that fireplace, how dare they!!

Not an 'original historical photograph; --
Dr Garapedian said the image was not a photograph of the actual events that occurred around 1915 but rather an image from the production of the Auction of Souls/Armenia Ravished movie.​
“Those are actresses on a film set in California, not Ottoman Turkey,” she said in an emailed response.​
Dr Garapedian said eyewitness accounts described women being impaled in “horrible” deaths but crucifixion as depicted in the film was not used.​

While they say the picture isn't REAL, please NOTE, it was a RECREATION of what ACTUALLY happened. The film producers did NOT show womens heads on PIKES and IMPALEMENT.
bottom line, yes, the turks raped, killed, molested, and did everything under the sun to the Armenian women and children,
the turks impaled and put heads on pikes, but not crucifixion... hmm

I will say this, trees are a crop just like any other crop. Corn, wheat whatever. Some just take a longer time to get mature....some a REAL long time....so long it is really not practical to harvest them.

I am sure there are people that would strap themselves to the trees, those people are just flat stupid.
The very next step in the life of that tree, left in the forest, is to die, and rot, being of no use to anyone. Timely cutting not only allows for a significant harvest of usable lumber, it also opens the canopy allowing sunlight onto the forest floor, nurturing other younger trees. Judicious thinning, allows for growing space, and faster growth of clear-wood timber. I agree whole-heartedly that trees are a crop, same as any other. My wife's family made their livelihoods in the woods.