• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

831619-709a75252ac7333d050b1e42dc5ba8ac.data.jpeg

25ish years ago my boss called me in the middle of the night in a bad rain storm, "You want to come in for some overtime? We need to clear some drains." We went to one of the buildings, down in the basement there was setup just like this, sort of a "garden well", a large pit like area landscaped with outside stairs leading down, a small patio are and a table and chairs. My boss had brought his waders because he thought he was going down in it to clear the drain. But when we got there we were faced with something like this. We went down in the basement to see just how deep the water was, and it was easily 5 feet deep. He walks up to the window and starts tapping on the glass! I screamed at him to stop. lmao
The craziest part was there was a door. How the damn thing wasn't leaking like a sinking ship I'll never know. There was some water off the floor, but considering there was probably 2-3k gallons on the other side of the glass, the relatively few gallons of water on the floor was amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot and Ichi
I want to know how to make $100k at 25.

My son’s making that at 24, and about to get another promotion that’ll take him close to $200K next year with stock options… With only a bachelor’s degree to boot. Admittedly, he’s very, very sharp, and very driven...he gets shit done, and the teams he gets put in charge of are almost always the top rated for their profession by the time he gets them up to speed.

Also, there’s a ton of his friends from HS making almost that much as welders, etc. in the oil patch or as diesel mechanics too. The trades are very lucrative right now.

Problem is, $100K/year isn’t nearly what it was even just a few years ago. He and his wife are saving money like crazy trying to buy a house, but prices are going up faster than they can save, and we won’t even start on interest rates these days.

I genuinely fear for the current generation of kids coming into adulthood right now…gonna be rough going for awhile.

I want to know how to make $100k at 25.
I made that when I was 25, (early 80's) I was the General Manager of a group of 5 Goodyear stores with gross sales of $8M. I left to sell Sun Test equipment to later return as a stakeholder and an investor in the properties our stores were built on. The business has since been sold and Goodyear is our tenant for all our 7 properties.

Reactions: Oldloser
Graduate college with an electrical engineering degree and get an entry level job.
Mechanical engineers even more (in general)… Civil Engineers a bit less. Hit or miss for Aeronautical Engineers, general scientists, etc.

Wild card is petroleum/Chemical Engineers. Feast or famine, but a lot of top end in that field. A lot.

Donations? HA!!!

Rent, $825?
What decade are they living in?
This is all easy to explain. This hypothetical person live in an appartment with 2 other renters. And, the monthly “donation” is him covering for the couch-serfing drop-out that lives there too. He sells them weed, at cost. They share 1 internet connection. They pay “weed boy’s” girlfriend come come by once a month to vacuum and wash the full sink of dishes. Everything else seems pretty reasonable for a semi-autonomous tax-bot that only exists to work an 8-5…

• Love
Reactions: doubloon
They did last time, too. And got really mad at the blue states for freeing their slaves!

Wonder if the person making that graphic was conscious of their color choices?

Sirhr
Is it not understood that “blue team” is “us” and “red team” is “them,” at least in the west?

And- I looked this up one time- the first color infographic for rep/dem voting in a presidential election had the Dem=Red (Carter)…

We got ours through a very well publicized stolen election.

Everyone knows full well that if Kari Lake was Governor - you would be seeing lots of news about AZ and Texas both making a stand. Instead we have the Hobbgoblin to be ashamed of.
Not so well know but KS is the same. I have told the story of the "issues" my mother in law had in voting for Gov

Reactions: MadDuner
DeSantis says FL will keep supporting TX. OK, that's all well, and good, but TX itself is missing a huge opportunity here.

Militia tourism.

"Come to Texas, and do a tour on the border. Protect your country from invasion."

Man, that could have the entire southern border crawling with free manpower.
I can just see the lefties shitting their pants as every redneck in the country jumps in their truck, and heads down there... lol.

I am told this was planned for Fall of 2001 in a better form, but 9/11 intervened. Then the Bushes got a woodie for Saddam.

Graduate college with an electrical engineering degree and get an entry level job.

I hired a kid who is 24 and he makes a bit more than that. He's got some unique skills he developed on his own.

Any first or second chair college musician can learn to write code or do analytics and pull that down in a couple of years.

Reactions: cooper barrett
You be damn good at what you do in a field too young to have any old guys who think they know how to do it better.

Then You do it 80 -100 hours a week until you retire at 35. Or drop dead.

That’s how it used to be.

Now with inflation, you show up at your social media company where you are a Vice President in charge of transgender reformations… you work 16 hours a week and need a sabbatical to go do mushrooms with a Sherpa named “Phil” who comes from Nebraska. And CNBC thinks you are all Mainstream….

Or you own a roofing company and employ 45 illegal Hondurans. Because those 25 year olds are millionaires! ‘Merika!!!!

Sirhr

Or you go to truck driving school for 6-10 weeks and sign on with UPS. Starting salary at a terminal around Chicago is $97K plus bonus and great benefits..........The only downside for a 25yr old now a days is they have to show up and actually work.......