• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

IMG_9340.jpeg

Pretty prescient! Though I may be off a few months with John Lennon? Then again 1980 was still basically the 70’s.

And… they didn’t have Keith Richards on there. It’s like they knew.

Where is John Bonham, though?

Sirhr

Reactions: EddieNFL
One of the most frustrating toughest hobbies I ever learned was RC collective pitch helis. Very satisfying when it all clicks though.
A guy that I work with flew RC helis for a long time and says the same thing. He finally got fed up with wasting the enormous amount of money required to keep the fucking things running

Reactions: HPIguy
A guy that I work with flew RC helis for a long time and says the same thing. He finally got fed up with wasting the enormous amount of money required to keep the fucking things running
All of mine were very reliable. The key is to prevent them from taking dirt naps.

The slightest bobble with a heli, even just tipping a blade into the dirt on take-off, is expensive. It's why I never got into really big helis. A set of blades for a 700 class are over $100 alone, ignoring everything else that needs replaced/rebuilt.

Here's some REALLY old footage of my T-Rex 450

Last edited:
One of the most frustrating toughest hobbies I ever learned was RC collective pitch helis. Very satisfying when it all clicks though.

I flew RC helicopters years ago when they used .61 glow fuel engines and fly-bars on the rotor head.
From what I see now they are electric and can run high G maneuvers without the issues associated with the fuel
system running lean and loosing power low to the ground.

When they crash it is almost cheaper to buy a new kit due to the extensive damage.

Reactions: HPIguy
All of mine were very reliable. The key is to prevent them from taking dirt naps.

The slightest bobble with a heli, even just tipping a blade into the dirt on take-off, is expensive. It's why I never got into really big helis. A set of blades for a 700 class are over $100 alone, ignoring everything else that needs replaced/rebuilt.

I think my last 700 crash was about $500 to fix, and it was a really really minor low altitude dumb finger mistake and I hit throttle hold before it went in to minimize damage. The damage was rather minimal actually and didn't need a re-kit, but blades and parts sure add up fast, and I lucked out and didn't damage a $375 14S battery pack.

That didn't discourage me though, I doubled down on the stupidity and expensive crash costs and decided my electric 700s weren't enough financial risk in the air... So I built a turbine 700 that I do aerobatics and "light 3D" with. It's heavier and less powerful than my 700 electric, but sounds way cooler, lol.

Only close call I've had with it is when the clunk fuel lines in the tanks got hard after about 2 years and I didn't realize it, so they weren't able to move around freely and pick up fuel in all orientations. Turbine flamed out while inverted about 3 minutes before my normal low fuel warning; the transmitter started screaming "low EGT" and then "flameout" and then things in the air got really quiet... Managed a successful autorotation with no damage though.

After that close call I now change all the fuel lines once a year... Especially the clunk lines in the tanks.

Large RC aircraft of any kind are an excellent way to turn money into a collection of broken parts on the ground, lol. All it takes is one fat finger mistake or a little mechanical or electronics failure. Still fun though, paying crash costs not so much.

This reminds me, I haven't flown in a while now... Probably should put in some refresher sim time and take them back out to the field.

• Wow
Reactions: HPIguy and FWoo45
I flew RC helicopters years ago when they used .61 glow fuel engines and fly-bars on the rotor head.
From what I see now they are electric and can run high G maneuvers without the issues associated with the fuel
system running lean and loosing power low to the ground.

When they crash it is almost cheaper to buy a new kit due to the extensive damage.
What little I’ve seen from the hobby the tech and ability is pretty amazing, it’s just not my thing at all.

My buddy did all his own work and still spent thousands on spare everythings and batteries. He was also constantly looking for these parts because they weren’t always easy to find in stock