• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

facebook_1598837799558_6706011778039024331_240933676163907.jpg

Hey Lawless
With you being enamoured of razors and displaying so many lovely works, I thought you might be interested in my humble nod to the straight razor with this small work knife I just finished for a local whip maker.

6mm 5160 spring steel, hollow ground on the 300mm contact wheel.
After I heat treated it I boiled it in white vinegar for an hour to acid wash the steel and give it an aged look, rubbed it down with 2000 grit wet paper, then the various cloth wheels.
The handle scales are Tasmanian Blackwood, not even slightly black but hard and dense and good to work.
Because it'll be used as a work knife and not a razor I put a 20 degree edge on it rather than 15.

razor 3.jpg

Hey Lawless
With you being enamoured of razors and displaying so many lovely works, I thought you might be interested in my humble nod to the straight razor with this small work knife I just finished for a local whip maker.

After I heat treated it I boiled it in white vinegar for an hour to acid wash the steel and give it an aged look, rubbed it down with 2000 grit wet paper, then the various cloth wheels.
The handle scales are Tasmanian Blackwood, not even slightly black but hard and dense and good to work.
Because it'll be used as a work knife and not a razor I put a 20 degree edge on it rather than 15.

View attachment 7412468
Dude, that is fantastic! Beautiful work, how long have you been doing this!?

Reactions: hermosabeach
Chemo cancelled for 10 days because my white blood cell count was too low. Mixed emotions.

View attachment 7412837
This happens. Chemo is a balancing act.
Head up SGT!

He is the Author and Finisher of our faith and the one who hung the stars!
We serve at His pleasure and when our faces lift toward His, he becomes our prayer warrior through His Spirit with utterings we cannot comprehend!

This happens. Chemo is a balancing act.
Head up SGT!

He is the Author and Finisher of our faith and the one who hung the stars!
We serve at His pleasure and when our faces lift toward His, he becomes our prayer warrior through His Spirit with utterings we cannot comprehend!
I am literally sharing an office with a fellow sgt. today who has had leukemia for 3 years....and I just found out about it in the last 2 weeks.

He regularly does chemo, has hair, has fathered several children since he started chemo upon his diagnosis.....and NOBODY had a clue!!!

Hits everyone differently I suppose.

bench

And bought a second FaTip Slant just in case something happens to mine and shipping from Italy is shut down due to rioting catholics or something. I seriously don't want to be without one, it is the King.

B4C43936-DBFF-40B8-AD05-AE49CE730634.jpeg

Chemo cancelled for 10 days because my white blood cell count was too low. Mixed emotions.

View attachment 7412837
Then be happy you had the day off, save your energy and REST.
I did a years worth of it last year, my WBC was @ 2.5 last week,that's a lot better than 0.09 considering 5.0 is low.

My type of Chemo was rough because they couldn't use the self injectior that protected my bone marrow after each cycle as they were worried my spleen would rupture.

Trust your Doctor,coming from me that's a bold statement,I'll keep you in my thoughts

Reactions: Sgt47
Dude, that is fantastic! Beautiful work, how long have you been doing this!?
Thanks mate, I've had a love of edged weapons since I was given my first knife as a kid.
For years I just played around with it, too busy working to do much hobby time.
In late '96 a semi driver who had driven over 500km without taking any of his mandated rest breaks went to sleep and crossed on to my side of the highway.
The wanker hit me so hard the seats tore out of the floor, seat belt broke and I was spat out the closed driver's window, broke my neck, back, skull, right frontal lobe and half my teeth.
So, no more mining or as it turned out any full time work again, but I'm walking and I can wipe my own bum, so I'm doing better than most of the others I met while in the brain injury unit.

I decided late last year to get serious about knife making and started to gather the required tools and knowledge, luckily got most I need before the bloody Chinese released their latest pox on the world.

That one pictured is the third I've finished, I have the inevitable "aw fuck" collection from my steep trial and error learning curve.
This is my second, it's rough around the edges but I learned a great deal making it and each new one gets a little better.
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg

I also learned heaps just making and hardening the file guide I needed for the guthook in this little hunter.
Again, boiled in vinegar to age finish it but not rubbed back so it stays matt and not glossy.
I learned a lot more experimenting and building the electrochemical etcher for doing the little artworks and logos like the tiger on this and the stag on the work knife.

I'm currently working out how to hollow grind a double edged pig stabber, quite a lot of mad pig stabbers getting about here apparently.
If your amenable, I'll put another pic or 2 on your thread here.
🍻

Hey Lawless

View attachment 7412468
What is the ballpark price of a knife like this?

Thanks mate, I've had a love of edged weapons since I was given my first knife as a kid.
For years I just played around with it, too busy working to do much hobby time.
In late '96 a semi driver who had driven over 500km without taking any of his mandated rest breaks went to sleep and crossed on to my side of the highway.
The wanker hit me so hard the seats tore out of the floor, seat belt broke and I was spat out the closed driver's window, broke my neck, back, skull, right frontal lobe and half my teeth.
So, no more mining or as it turned out any full time work again, but I'm walking and I can wipe my own bum, so I'm doing better than most of the others I met while in the brain injury unit.

I decided late last year to get serious about knife making and started to gather the required tools and knowledge, luckily got most I need before the bloody Chinese released their latest pox on the world.

That one pictured is the third I've finished, I have the inevitable "aw fuck" collection from my steep trial and error learning curve.
This is my second, it's rough around the edges but I learned a great deal making it and each new one gets a little better.
View attachment 7413085

I also learned heaps just making and hardening the file guide I needed for the guthook in this little hunter.
Again, boiled in vinegar to age finish it but not rubbed back so it stays matt and not glossy.
I learned a lot more experimenting and building the electrochemical etcher for doing the little artworks and logos like the tiger on this and the stag on the work knife.

I'm currently working out how to hollow grind a double edged pig stabber, quite a lot of mad pig stabbers getting about here apparently.
If your amenable, I'll put another pic or 2 on your thread here.
🍻
Absolutely!

Then be happy you had the day off, save your energy and REST.
I did a years worth of it last year, my WBC was @ 2.5 last week,that's a lot better than 0.09 considering 5.0 is low.

My type of Chemo was rough because they couldn't use the self injectior that protected my bone marrow after each cycle as they were worried my spleen would rupture.

Trust your Doctor,coming from me that's a bold statement,I'll keep you in my thoughts
Thanks. I was relieved not to get it but also want to get it over. It sounds like your treatments were really tough, I hope your count comes up. I get the automatic injector for the next treatment. I'm afraid I don't make a very good patient.

I have a good doc who treated my daughter for brain cancer a few years ago and gave her an extra 3 years. I do still give credence,though, to the saying, "If your time ain't come yet, even a doctor can't kill you." ;)

Semper-Fi

Reactions: Ravenworks
Gillette Techmatic

speaking about razors.

i remember my father telling me about a razor called something like the "endless blade"

if i remember it sounded like it had a roll/magazine of spring steel that you would crank/wind when that part of the blade became dull

old school not talking 1970..

What goes on the ground .... is the mag out of the guy’s pistol. Or is it a knife that would have been in his left hand?

I cannot make it out clearly enough.

maybe a cell phone?
There is what looks like a quick flash of a reflection off a screen as it hits the ground

Reactions: MadDuner
What goes on the ground .... is the mag out of the guy’s pistol. Or is it a knife that would have been in his left hand?

It has been said it was the pistol magazine but I cannot definitively say.

Reactions: MadDuner
Guys here in my county we had 8” rain last night. A car with a mom and 2 toddlers was swept away when a road collapsed over a creek. Toddlers still not found, please pray for that family 😞

I have a need myself this morning. I would appreciate a word.

1598957069802.jpeg

Guys here in my county we had 8” rain last night. A car with a mom and 2 toddlers was swept away when a road collapsed over a creek. Toddlers still not found, please pray for that family 😞

I have a need myself this morning. I would appreciate a word.

View attachment 7413328
Prayers and good ju ju being sent your way. We’ve had thunderstorms ALL night... 6-8 in. of rain so far.
Hang in there Lawless , the sun will shine again 👍

9B5B91DF-F9CF-4CDA-A2AC-CB8E883B01FA.png

Last edited:

Looked like his tactical iPhone. If you notice, right as it hits the ground, you can see a reflection of the screen.

Creek bridge was only 1/2 mile from river 😞 still no word. 4 and 5 years old.

I am playing with Liam right now, pushing tractor back and forth on his play mat. I cannot imagine what that mom must be feeling.