• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

e8mFOH7.jpg

We had a Cavalier towed in to my dealership that had quit on the road. Tech checked it and it wouldn’t turn over, just click and hum, no spin.

Tech added booster to the battery, same result.

Tech put a breaker and socket on the crank pulley, no turn at all.

Tech pulled drain plug, not a drop of oil comes out.

I called the owner and tried to find out why the 70k plus mile 2.2 had zero oil in it. She explained that she had no idea. Further questions revealed that she had NEVER had the oil changed.😮

She explained that these cars were supposed to go 100k with no service. GM had came out with platinum plugs and extended life coolant and had in their ads “no major service needed until 100,000 miles”. She took that to mean not even oil changes were needed.

The poor thing made it a lot longer than I would have thought.

At a friend's house when his mom stopped by and said her car was making noise and would I look at it. (four or five-year-old Corolla) Started the engine a noticed the oil light was on. Asked when she last had it serviced. She had a blank look on her face (her husband has passed about a year before). Pulled the dipstick - dry. We put it on jackstands and pulled the drain plug; a few ounces dribbled out. Spun on a new filter, added oil and she drove it until she passed away several years later.

At a friend's house when his mom stopped by and said her car was making noise and would I look at it. (four or five-year-old Corolla) Started the engine a noticed the oil light was on. Asked when she last had it serviced. She had a blank look on her face (her husband has passed about a year before). Pulled the dipstick - dry. We put it on jackstands and pulled the drain plug; a few ounces dribbled out. Spun on a new filter, added oil and she drove it until she passed away several years later.
Wow!

I had a buddy who changed the oil in his Murray riding mower. The dipstick reads “add 8 oz”....meaning if it is down to the low mark, add 8 oz.

He drained it and put in 8 oz oil. He said it stopped twice before it locked up but it restarted each time....til it did’t. This was before low oil safety switches and oil warning lights.

We poured some oil in the spark plug hole and tapped the piston with an oak dowel. It finally broke loose and he ran it for years. It almost stopped smoking and using oil after a season, I guess the rings sorta re-seated LOL.