• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_oi8opgaIFg1r9fftio1_1280.jpg
Mt. Tantalus?

I was a junior in '72. Friend's dad gave him a 71 Vette for Christmas. Killed himself that night when he crashed into another vehicle killing three other friends and leaving the fouth with life-altering injuries.
Unfortunately I think many of us have stories similar to yours from that era. Seat belts were there but we did not use them. Beer could be bought legally at eighteen. Most "Beer Joints" in my area if you drove up you could buy.
Does anyone remember what year GM put the steering wheel anti theft locking ignition switch on the steering column? That little piece of genius put four young men under 18 in their graves from my home town.

• Sad
Reactions: EddieNFL
Unfortunately I think many of us have stories similar to yours from that era. Seat belts were there but we did not use them. Beer could be bought legally at eighteen. Most "Beer Joints" in my area if you drove up you could buy.
Does anyone remember what year GM put the steering wheel anti theft locking ignition switch on the steering column? That little piece of genius put four young men under 18 in their graves from my home town.
GM is trash. I think the ATL ignition started to appear in Buick’s and caddies, and high end oldsmobiles in mid 90’s

Ride that bitch to school holy shit that isn’t a dog, that’s a horse 😂
Reading my own post made me realize that it might have been construed as the young boy was fearless because he was allowing a humongus Great Dane to lie next to him.
That was not my intent, but that there was a connection between him and the protector dog that nothing and nobody in their right mind would dare try to harm him.

Reactions: Aries256

GM rolled out the steering columns with the lock cylinder in the column along with the steering wheel lock in model year 1969 for passenger cars, 1973 for trucks.

Nothing inherently wrong with them unless you turned the key all the way back to the lock or accessory position while the car was still rolling and you needed to steer. Now, if you had a habit of "coasting in silent" in a 1968 or earlier vehicle and tried it in a 1969, that steering wheel lock might catch you by surprise if you turned the key back 2 clicks instead of 1 click for your coast-in maneuver...

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Except in CO.
The idiots are everywhere.
They go hiking with their ear buds in and vaping along the way. trash all over the place.
plus the refuse the leave on the ground....😉
Love the San Juan's and been going to Durango and surrounding areas since the late 70's. Used to be a great place and fairly conservative but has all changed especially since legalization. The area is being overrun by progressive SJW's and trashed by homeless people. Idiots and intolerance abounds.

Reactions: powdahound76
Not sure if accurate, but if so it validates my desire for the comet to knock us back to the stone age.

1611659735085.jpeg

Reactions: Wabtklr