• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

I don't recall within my lifetime, a President that's had the VP hover over him like she's doing to him.
She's in every photo op, standing near him at a speech and right next to him as he signs every EO.

He hasn't been in charge since before the election.

Susan Rice is calling all of the shots. She has been since January 20th.

Reactions: Maxwell
For several decades, I've heard the BS that women can do anything a man can do. I've heard all the BS about giving women the "right" to serve in combat but have never seen any of the politicians raise a finger to make them register for the selective service.

Except for Demi Moore in "GI Jane" I've never seen any split-trail soldier stand in line to get their head shaved. I've never seen them have to comply with the male PT standards.

For decades, I've seen the affirmative action BS play out in the military with the message that "white males have to go to the end of the line."

I don't know the full story on this incident but I'm guessing that the excuse of "my turret was stuck" will be good enough and they get promoted.

PS: If the crew was a bunch of white guys, they'd be manning a weather station at the North Pole by now.

The idiot stood there and waited for it.

forest path.jpeg

I don't recall within my lifetime, a President that's had the VP hover over him like she's doing to him.
She's in every photo op, standing near him at a speech and right next to him as he signs every EO.

He hasn't been in charge since before the election.

Neither of them is ‘in charge’... uncertain we will identify the puppet masters.

On April 18th, it will be 79th anniversary of Doolittle's Tokyo raid. Some historians have joked that it was the last time that the Navy and the Air Force ever cooperated on anything with any great measure of success.

In a previous life, I had the honor of knowing a lot of WWII veterans. I also had the pleasure of meeting some of Doolittle's raiders.

One gentleman that I met was the fellow at the extreme right in the photo below. He is the one standing with arms raised, flag in hand. The carrier guys can give us his correct job title, but I think he is called the "Launch Officer."

Anyway, he told me that after the Hornet sunk he was taken back to San Francisco and given a week of shore leave. One day, he decided to watch a movie. In those days, there was no CNN, Fox News, MSNBC or myriads of people taking videos with their smart phones.

Before the main feature there was always the showing of the newsreel. He was amazed to see film of the Hornet and her sinking. He marveled at how modern technology could get imagery of what had happened back to the mainland so quickly.

Doolittle-Raid-Launch.jpg

Some of the men on that raid told me that they thought they were going on a suicide mission.

Last edited:
On April 18th, it will be 79th anniversary of Doolittle's Tokyo raid. Some historians have joked that it was the last time that the Navy and the Air Force ever cooperated on anything with any great measure of success.

In a previous life, I had the honor of knowing a lot of WWII veterans. I also had the pleasure of meeting some of Doolittle's raiders.

One gentleman that I met was the fellow at the extreme right in the photo below. He is the one standing with arms raised, flag in hand. The carrier guys can give us his correct job title, but I think he is called the "Launch Officer."

Anyway, he told me that after the Hornet sunk he was taken back to San Francisco and given a week of shore leave. One day, he decided to watch a movie. In those days, there was no CNN, Fox News, MSNBC or myriads of people taking videos with their smart phones.

Before the main feature there was always the showing of the newsreel. He was amazed to see film of the Hornet and her sinking. He marveled at how modern technology could get imagery of what had happened back to the mainland so quickly.

Doolittle-Raid-Launch.jpg

Some of the men on that raid told me that they thought they were going on a suicide mission.

Eugene McGurl was a navigator on one of those planes. He lived in my town.

He was killed in '43 or so in an air crash in the war theatre.

There is a small landscaped plot of land named in his honor I often pass and I think of that raid and what these guys did every time I do pass.