• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_9b0356ace4165337e1bf189a6d0c58e2_-2298270.JPG

48+ years ago on our little honeymoon, Brenda and I took a side trip and visited Winter Quarters. Grants headquarters during the Louisiana portion of his Vicksburg Campaign. The only plantation home of 15 not burned as he travelled south to his Mississippi River crossing at Hard Times, Louisiana.

Winter Quarters was saved because of a relationship between the owner, Haller Nutt and Grant. Both were Mason’s.

An interesting sidelight. Winter Quarters sits on the banks of Lake St. Joseph, a cutoff lake of the Mississippi River. Before the Civil War, on Sunday’s everyone would take a break and the plantation workers would have boat races down Lake St Joseph while the Nutt family and friends would watch from the veranda.

A44296A3-CCB7-4FB2-B321-12ECB4D658A3.jpeg

View attachment 7820731
This guy cut those fingers off on a job last year. I wrapped up the hand and took him to the ER.
I got him the shirt a couple weeks ago. He loves it
My high school shop teacher brought up a story about saw safety in class. Apparently they had some kind of shop teacher get together, and one of the teachers had cut his thumb off with a radial arm saw. He got it sewn back on, and working...so, one of the teachers asked him how he did it. Grabbed a piece of wood, held it in place with his thumb and pulled the saw across it again, cutting it off for the second time. At least that's the story he told us...one thing's for sure, it stuck with me, and I haven't lost any digits to a saw...yet.

• Haha
Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
This guy used a radial chop saw to rip a piece of 2X. It caught and ran back across his hand. I asked him WTF? There's a table saw right there.
View attachment 7820739
Never "rip" wood with a blade that turn "toward" what's being cut...from the top. Some people have to learn the hard (painful) way. Also, for those rookies that might be reading this, don't stand in line with what you're ripping on a table saw, if you do, and catch a kick-back in the groin, you probably won't do it again. I've never caught one, but I saw someone else do it...looked like it hurt, I didn't feel a thing.

48+ years ago on our little honeymoon, Brenda and I took a side trip and visited Winter Quarters. Grants headquarters during the Louisiana portion of his Vicksburg Campaign. The only plantation home of 15 not burned as he travelled south to his Mississippi River crossing at Hard Times, Louisiana.

Winter Quarters was saved because of a relationship between the owner, Haller Nutt and Grant. Both were Mason’s.

An interesting sidelight. Winter Quarters sits on the banks of Lake St. Joseph, a cutoff lake of the Mississippi River. Before the Civil War, on Sunday’s everyone would take a break and the plantation workers would have boat races down Lake St Joseph while the Nutt family and friends would watch from the veranda.

View attachment 7820295
Something about those masons. My wife’s great grandmother lived in a large house that overlooked the red river. During the war a union ship was sailing down the river shooting and burning everything they could. As the boat got closer she held up a mason flag and the boat passed them by and waved. Many years later they moved that big two story house about a mile using logs and mules.

Just those sanctions kicking in.....you guys ready to stop invading Ukraine or do you want more pain?

My wife got the grandson a hillbilly gangster hat. We rode the jeep around the mountain some today and plain burned a tank of fuel in the ATV. We also turned the garden again to mix the cow poop some more and he steered….turned 2 Dec 6. He loves anything with wheels.

9193DE28-3A25-400F-BE22-A17B0DD7DBD6.jpeg