• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

View attachment 8083958View attachment 8083961
And the road looked very much like that...
I had a 1981 Nissan Skyline Turbo EX when I was stationed in Okinawa. Got on the expressway going to the north end of the island after work on a Friday. Averaged 167mph toll to toll...when I was coming to the end of the expressway I see a sign, "end of expressway 1 KM", a few seconds later, "end of expressway 500 meters", holy mackerel that will sneak up on you fast...I was so hard on the brakes to slow down before the toll booth the front brakes had smoke rolling out. In Japan they can give you a speeding ticket based on time from ticket issue to ticket pay...the toll booth lady put it in the system, looked at the time and thought there must have been a misprint on the time stamp...payed my toll, and took it a slow the rest of the way north. hehe.

1677368982091-png.455216

I had a 1981 Nissan Skyline Turbo EX when I was stationed in Okinawa. Got on the expressway going to the north end of the island after work on a Friday. Averaged 167mph toll to toll...when I was coming to the end of the expressway I see a sign, "end of expressway 1 KM", a few seconds later, "end of expressway 500 meters", holy mackerel that will sneak up on you fast...I was so hard on the brakes to slow down before the toll booth the front brakes had smoke rolling out. In Japan they can give you a speeding ticket based on time from ticket issue to ticket pay...the toll booth lady put it in the system, looked at the time and thought there must have been a misprint on the time stamp...payed my toll, and took it a slow the rest of the way north. hehe.

Headed to see your marine boyfriend at the NTA?

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
Good sausage gravy is wonderful, bad sausage gravy ruins your whole week.

Never had bad…..
Learned from grandma and mom.
Make some mean sausage gravy, my almost 11 yr old girl requests biscuits and gravy fairly often.

Also have a recipe for what I think are some pretty dang good biscuits. My mom prefers them too, compared to her old recipe.

Wont lie, first time I saw a pic of the gal who runs this site I was smitten.😉
Several of her recipes are in use here. Her pizza dough and sauce and quite good too.

When the belly is fulleth with the evening feasting on fish, fowl and the fatted calf and have put away the sword, buckler, dagger, and body armor be content to lieth in the bed and rest the head on the bosom of the SWMBO. Yea, neglect not the firestick. Keepeth it loaded with leaden seeds of freedom that turneth into mushrooms in the bodies of thine enemies. Keepeth it clean and anointed with oil. And if the have let the rust creepeth into the bowels of the firestick may the be cursed among gunslingers and hold the manhood cheap. Showeth not thine face among the armed brethren that dwelleth in the gun clubs and marketplace of the firesticks. Harken unto these words so that when the unclean human pieces of excrement crosseth thine doorway that the may filleth their bowels with leaden seeds that turneth into mushrooms and turneth them into worm food."
– From the Book of Armaments 9:11

See how weird that looks? The 'ye' sound in old English isn't a 'y'. The Y is a shortened/ close approximation of the letter thorn. Thorn has the sound of 'th'.

When thy belly is fulleth with thine evening feasting on fish, fowl and yon fatted calf and thou hast put away thy sword, buckler, dagger, and body armor be content to lieth in thy bed and rest thine head on bosom of thine SWMBO. Yea, neglect not thy firestick. Keepeth it loaded with leaden seeds of freedom that turneth into mushrooms in yon bodies of thine enemies. Keepeth it clean and anointed with oil. And if thou hast let the rust creepeth into bowels of thy firestick may thou be cursed among gunslingers and holdest thy manhood cheap. Showeth not thine face among armed brethren that dwelleth in thy gun clubs and marketplace of firesticks. Harken unto these words so that when yon unclean human pieces of excrement crosseth thine doorway that thou may filleth their bowels with leaden seeds that turneth into mushrooms and turneth them into worm food."

– From the Book of Armaments 9:11

Doesn't that sound better?

AKSHOOOWALLY

ye is the plural of thou. Since thou was the informal singular, ye is the informal plural. This lasted until Early Modern English.

Because we got lazy or Vikings in England had a hard time, we dropped informal pronouns around 1600-1700 and just use formal you/your for everything

But the correction posted is more proper as it is singular, rather than plural, and thus the original poster was doubly wrong. =)

The more ye know.

But the thorn thing is real--Ye Olde Shoppe means 'You Old Shop' which is bad. . Ye looks like a thorn letter though and because printing presses didn't have the thorn Y was used as a substitute. So Ye could also mean The because no idiot would 'you dog found a stuck', it's 'the dog found a stick' it's the difference between printing and handwritten.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyJason
Amazing how many of you guys owned vehicles that exceeded the makers published top speed by as much as 40%. Must have been running nitrous oxide...

• Haha
Reactions: Lawless and MJF
AKSHOOOWALLY

ye is the plural of thou. Since thou was the informal singular, ye is the informal plural. This lasted until Early Modern English.

Because we got lazy or Vikings in England had a hard time, we dropped informal pronouns around 1600-1700 and just use formal you/your for everything

But the correction posted is more proper as it is singular, rather than plural, and thus the original poster was doubly wrong. =)

The more ye know.

But the thorn thing is real--Ye Olde Shoppe means 'You Old Shop' which is bad. . Ye looks like a thorn letter though and because printing presses didn't have the thorn Y was used as a substitute. So Ye could also mean The because no idiot would 'you dog found a stuck', it's 'the dog found a stick' it's the difference between printing and handwritten.
Benefits of reading King James version I guess. I know ye has multiple meanings as well. It just worked better for the example of how weird it could sound.

Reactions: DocRDS
Stupidity is universal and humans are much more similar than they are different

I like to watch the television shows where they lump together short videos of people doing stupid things, Americas Funniest Home Videos, Failfactory and the like. I was a little surprised and very relieved when I heard languages other than English.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: The D