• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

341360424_1251329875521445_2187232859162922486_n.jpeg

Reactions: crackerbrown

How appropriate. Saw a lot of bar flys like this in the valley. Talking shit. They had no calluses and no scrapes and no tan. They were out of shape and and dangerous to be around. And they made it to the bar and pizza long before the real climbers who would just get in the door at closing.

Real climbers pick apart accidents obsessively. It’s very critical to understand what the limits are and details are very important.

The AAC publishes an annual comprehensive list with analysis. It’s called accidents in North American Climbing. Kropp was in the edition the year after his death and it was discussed at length on forums and among professional guides.

Here is a good intro to the AAC publication. If you need some education go read one of them. A lot of Cliffs in there and a handful of good men and women, too. Some my friends, too.

Reactions: Laseredge
Actually, given the quality of “cuisine” that the troops were eating in the field, anything that could cover up the taste of weevils, maggots, hard-tack, salt pork and beef, moldy bacon, corn meal, half-sprouted spuds… would be in high demand. At least you could douse the foul food with something to cover it up.

View attachment 8120585

View attachment 8120584

Sirhr

Why didn't they just use Tabasco?

Why didn't they just use Tabasco?

Not invented until just after the Civil War…

But the Civil War Did create Tabasco.

If you want a great read, buy my friend Shane Bernard’s history. Fantastic story and reads like fiction. So many amazing historical connections with the Avery and McIlhenny families!

Sirhr

View attachment 8120634

Almost time for these little buzz bombs to reappear…

Saw a fun fact about them… they weigh about as much as a nickel. To maintain their metabolism they need to take in 5-8 calories a day.

Scaled up to human size, they would require about 850,000 calories a day.

That is 188 large pizzas (with pineapple) and 188 2 L bottles of Coke a day.

Sirhr
Have seen several already here in north Texas. Started seeing a few a couple weeks ago, do put out feeder’s, sure fun to watch!

View attachment 8120634

Almost time for these little buzz bombs to reappear…

Saw a fun fact about them… they weigh about as much as a nickel. To maintain their metabolism they need to take in 5-8 calories a day.

Scaled up to human size, they would require about 850,000 calories a day.

That is 188 large pizzas (with pineapple) and 188 2 L bottles of Coke a day.

Sirhr
Yesterday I saw the first two come to the feeders.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
My uncle had a silver one when I was a kid. My cousin and I felt like little kings riding around in it.
View attachment 8120986
An old high school GF (mid 70's) had one that she drove, and her dad insisted I drive it when we went out. Safer, quieter, not a hod rod. It was an older Model Mark III but it sure could get out of it's own way. This one (18K miles) sold recently for nearly 10X it's sticker price when new.
1969-Lincoln-Continental-Mark-III-Coupe-2.jpg

I drove a Catalina with the 421 SD engine with a four speed. Her dad used to ask about it as people would stop and ask about it. Then one day, I made the mistake of Ietting him drive it, I have regretted doing so ever since. Years later I got a later model with the tri-power but it was bigger, heavier, and had less power.

Reactions: MJF