• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Used to be a couple of turbo Vdubs at the local dragstrip that were pretty quick. One was a rail buggy with a big blow through Holley carb. He ran street tires and spun to about 330 mark. I asked him why no slicks and he said he tried but couldn’t steer with slicks LOL

I was running my 472 inch ’70 Dart at the time and that rail could give it a run depending on the day.
Was that the Dunn/Benson strip?

I’ve been in a few bugs that would bounce the front wheels and it’s kinda impressive from a small car

Reactions: Lawless
ground-jpg.368678
Saw Bowie at MSG when he was doing the Ziggy Stardust tour in '73. Was not a fan but the tickets were free so what the hell. Showed up wearing jeans, flannel shirt, boots and denim jacket and we were definitely out of place in the crowd. Was actually a great concert.

My old buggy would loft the front wheels for at least 50 yards while spinning the rears.
Remember, the only weight on the front of a type 1 is you and *maybe* 100 lbs of tires and front suspension.
They are fantastic in snow and/or sand with all the weight over the drive wheels.
Wish I still had all those old pics but a flood in the garage took care of them for me :/

Saw Bowie at MSG when he was doing the Ziggy Stardust tour in '73. Was not a fan but the tickets were free so what the hell. Showed up wearing jeans, flannel shirt, boots and denim jacket and we were definitely out of place in the crowd. Was actually a great concert.
Heh, I just posted a second ago then saw this.
I went to go see Bowie's serious moonlight tour at the Forum specifically to see Stevie Ray Vaughn....15 or so minutes before it started it was said SRV bowed out due to Bowie only wanting to pay him studio musician rate and they brought in some clown named 'Earl Slick'.
Everyone was pissed and 1/2 the audience bailed out.
Heads up, Earl Slick sucked.....bad.

Reactions: Lawless
Air cooled has come a long ways. Can get blocks already cut for big bore setups, like 94mm pistons and 350 Chevy journals. Air cooled is neat, but in a reliability way, will never be as good as a water cooled motor. Maybe I’m wrong, but in the years I’ve been around bugs and baja setups, that’s my take on it. Guess I need to get busy looking for parts
If you dont already have an engine case....you'll probably be stuck with either a used one or one of the Autolinea aluminum ones (and even those are few and far between). New magnesium original style cases are non-existent right now.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
If you dont already have an engine case....you'll probably be stuck with either a used one or one of the Autolinea aluminum ones (and even those are few and far between). New magnesium original style cases are non-existent right now.
All the more reason to suby swap it. I have a 1640 in the car right now, so push come to shove, it could be opened up some. Not sure I’d get all the way to 2300 range with it though? It’s an early 70s AE coded block.

All the more reason to suby swap it. I have a 1640 in the car right now, so push come to shove, it could be opened up some. Not sure I’d get all the way to 2300 range with it though? It’s an early 70s AE coded block.
Eh, as long as it's a dual relief case, you can punch that out to 2180 without much work, as long as the bearing bores aren't pounded to shit. And you're not looking for stupid horsepower. I had an 1835 with dual zeniths back in the 70's, with stock size tires I had to be real careful with the throttle in turns, even on dry pavement. But if stupid horsepower is your goal, a Subbie may be worth the work. But with a swing axle??:eek:

Don't know if you've seen this one, but it's a pretty cool 58 with a Subbie...

Last edited:
Eh, as long as it's a dual relief case, you can punch that out to 2180 without much work, as long as the bearing bores aren't pounded to shit. And you're not looking for stupid horsepower. I had an 1835 with dual zeniths back in the 70's, with stock size tires I had to be real careful with the throttle in turns, even on dry pavement. But if stupid horsepower is your goal, a Subbie may be worth the work. But with a swing axle??:eek:

Don't know if you've seen this one, but it's a pretty cool 58 with a Subbie...
It is a dual relief block. Don’t remember what size crank and thrust bearing I used last year when I rebuilt it. I have the boxes in the shop for reference though. As far as HP want, I know I want to be in the 220 range some day, but in all honesty I’d settle for 150-180 in this little car. Would have to get my swing axle rebuilt with freeway flyer style setup or similar at some point to hold up to the added ponies.

I don’t want to drag race it, I just want to disappoint people on the street with an old beater.
71E2E01D-2F47-465F-83F9-D0A0028CDA2D.jpeg

It is a dual relief block. Don’t remember what size crank and thrust bearing I used last year when I rebuilt it. I have the boxes in the shop for reference though. As far as HP want, I know I want to be in the 220 range some day, but in all honesty I’d settle for 150-180 in this little car. Would have to get my swing axle rebuilt with freeway flyer style setup or similar at some point to hold up to the added ponies.

I don’t want to drag race it, I just want to disappoint people on the street with an old beater. View attachment 7826133
Turbo is the answer.

I don’t want to drag race it, I just want to disappoint people on the street with an old beater. View attachment 7826133
I just got back into the A/C VW world after 30+ years away. But still have the base of the motor I mentioned including the carbs. I think that was about 110 HP, based on calculations from weight vs 0-60 time. A 2 liter based on 78 stroke x 90.5 bore should give a ton of power and be very reliable and not require a lot of clearancing inside the case. The best power range comes from balancing the carbs/cam/heads/exhaust properly.

...that American education system right there...

Only a certain segment of the population.
They must likely vote D also.

Reactions: gigamortis
Only a certain segment of the population.
They must likely vote D also.

That's why they have a double 1/4 pounder and not a 1/2 pounder. 😏

Won’t open for me. Don’t tease me like that!

I tried getting the video to embed in the posting but it won't let me do it. I've attempted to post the link to the TikTok video but this Forum won't accept it.

It must be a Chi-Com plot. The dirty bastards must hate American women! See if this link works.

EDIT: She's a firearms Instructor and appears to be a certified gun-nut! I must take more shooting lessons if I'm ever going to improve.

273556930_150241314101416_4071201756919408233_n.jpg

271660059_140489108409970_3340688224874226562_n.jpg

251505692_119890547136493_8781173062623816676_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF and 91Eunozs