• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1669719572151.png
...or you could miss all the entertainment.

Looks like they are miles away from the track.......cracks beer.......in my day sonny you are so close you could feel the air getting sucked out of your lungs.

But really I never really "watched" drag racing, but did it at an hobby level before I got the idea to spend even more money and try to make the car turn left as well as right. I need to find some pics of my old cars....to be young again....but back then not now, and I also want to know what I know now, like falling off motorcycles when you are 20 really hurts when you are 50.

Reactions: jrassy
I am of the belief that any camo that breaks up your outline works. All my woodland camo was pretty worn out and came across the ASAT and got some good deals on it. I have several videos of deer looking at me and just walking away. Whether it was the camo or not moving is a good question? Kinda like watching a deer walk through the woods. It almost disappears when they stop and stand still. I also have worn it turkey hunting and have not had a problem getting busted. So I'll keep using it.
Here's a picture of a deer at 20 yards looking my way this morning
View attachment 8003368
She looked for a minute or so and walked away.
Edit to add:
I wear Muck boots with thin socks. My feet sweat walking to the stand and they get cold. I have brought dry socks and changed them and have no problems with cold feet. It just sucks pulling off my boots and changing socks at the stand when it's single digit cold and dark. Just easier slipping on the Arctic Shield covers once in the stand
I started wearing Darn Tough merino woll socks all year a few years ago. My feet always sweat, but they are not as bad in my Mucks with the new socks.

Hmmmm, my first thought would be a B29, over japan, fire raids and all. Then I think well germany, but I think those mainly B17, but not out of the question there could be a 24 group as well.

missed, I would have done a 29.
B-24’s bombed Dresden….I would also add it was a better bomber than the B-17, the 17 got all the glory though.

1669782016022.png

For 6 years, a dog named Capitan slept on the grave of his owner every night. His owner, Miguel Guzman died in 2006 and Capitan disappeared shortly after the family attended the funeral services.
They searched everywhere and put out flyers to try and find him, but no one had seen him. A week later, some people who were at the cemetery late one evening spotted Capitan laying on the grave and they contacted the grounds keeper at the cemetery.
The cemetery notified the family who promptly came to pick him up and take him home.
But each night he would cry and scratch frantically at the door to go out and he wouldn't return home until morning.
It was later discovered that Capitan would walk the 3 miles back to the cemetery each night to guard his master's grave.
It happened for 7 years.
The cemetery did not close the gates until he arrived each night promptly at 6 pm. He slept there all night guarding the grave until the ground keeper opened the gate in the morning.
This is a real picture of Capitan here.

Last edited:
B-24’s bombed Dresden….I would also add it was a better bomber than the B-17, the 17 got all the glory though.
I would agree as well, thought most of the 24's hung around the south, screwing with stuff from the "soft underside". I knew of a couple groups in europe, but it was not the majority. I think that they are also more common because of the range in the Pacific.

Got to step back and think of the world back then, when everything needed needed a long boat ride to get where that nut or bolt was needed. Just makes sense to "standardize" on a given type. Why ship 17 and 24 parts when you could just ship 17 parts and more of them.

I had forgotten the 24 in northern europe, they where not the norm there.

I would agree as well, thought most of the 24's hung around the south, screwing with stuff from the "soft underside". I knew of a couple groups in europe, but it was not the majority. I think that they are also more common because of the range in the Pacific.

Got to step back and think of the world back then, when everything needed needed a long boat ride to get where that nut or bolt was needed. Just makes sense to "standardize" on a given type. Why ship 17 and 24 parts when you could just ship 17 parts and more of them.

I had forgotten the 24 in northern europe, they where not the norm there.
So why is the b-24 the most produced bomber ever?

Is my comment wrong?
B-24's had a bigger bomb load, faster and longer range than the B-17. Although based in northern Europe they were primarily deployed in northern Africa and Italy. B-24's were used on the raids on Ploesti in which they suffered staggering loss rates. Later in the war the 15th based out of Italy suffered heavy losses on raids on Austria and Germany. One of the reasons crewman liked the 17 was it could withstand more damage than the 24. Basically bomber crews were just flying targets.

B-24's had a bigger bomb load, faster and longer range than the B-17. Although based in northern Europe they were primarily deployed in northern Africa and Italy. B-24's were used on the raids on Ploesti in which they suffered staggering loss rates. Later in the war the 15th based out of Italy suffered heavy losses on raids on Austria and Germany. One of the reasons crewman liked the 17 was it could withstand more damage than the 24. Basically bomber crews were just flying targets.

So I was right in saying they had a very small presence in england. Keeping them in different theatres made the supply of parts much more easy.

I don't disagree with anything you said, my point was the 24 did not have a large deployment in northern europe, they are used where the range was needed.