• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

photo_2023-03-28_19-16-56.jpg

A man received the following text message from his neighbor.

"I'm so sorry Bob. I'm riddled with guilt and have to confess. I've been tapping your wife for many weeks now. I'm not getting any at home but that's no excuse. I hope you will accept my sincerest apology. I promise that it won't happen again."

The heartbroken man, enraged, went into his bedroom, grab his wife and threw her out the back door. Then he locked his upset wife out of the house.

A few minutes later a second text message came from his neighbor.

"Damn autocorrect! I meant 'wifi,' not "wife."

• Wow
Reactions: Lawless
I have an acquaintance and his son who have literally talked hours with me about this subject. They both are extremely intelligent men, no hyperbole they are genius level and the son to the point of being socially awkward.

@sirhrmechanic you are 100% right here. Real AI is not yet a reality. We cannot even comprehend real AI. A machine that can solve problems so complex as to boggle human minds in mere moments. A machine that cannot be out maneuvered, outpaced or outran. A machine that quite logically in moments would determine that humans are a virus on the planet and more likely than not determine to kill them all. Real AI that is, not advanced machine learning.

After literal sleepless nights from those discussions and prayer I am of the opinion that the Beast (not AC, the Beast) is AI. A central sentient machine which will do the heavy lifting for the AC. The miracles and “peace” brought about by the AC could simply be the machine making the chaotic world Orderly and livable.

Whether my theory is correct or not, Musk is right.

Taking counsel of your fears?

I went to some talks by Marvin Minsky in the 80s when I was in HS. He was the same way. Pie in the sky make your coffee and will hunt us down and kill us too. Don't forget the whole Y2K BS.

Big Blue did not beat the Chess Grand masters. IBM did.

ChatGPT uses a whole data center and megawatts of power. And thousands of highly trained techs and AI engineers. It has to be fed a lot and that's its downfall.

At the end of the day these are big machines doing what they were designed to do with lots and lots of logistical work, coordination, education, and millions of man hours to get them up and running. One HIMARs or tanker truck of diesel and the machine is GONE along with that investment.. Think of it as a giant Cathedral.

Moore's law broke in 2010. Growth has slowed and will end soon.

ChatGPT is interesting. But it's not particularly useful. And often absurd. For example, it's training data is infected with wokeness. That's like believing the Earth is flat. When you get dirt in your model it's hard to find the bad data and get rid of it.

Reactions: jrassy
Taking counsel of your fears?

I went to some talks by Marvin Minsky in the 80s when I was in HS. He was the same way. Pie in the sky make your coffee and will hunt us down and kill us too. Don't forget the whole Y2K BS.

Big Blue did not beat the Chess Grand masters. IBM did.

ChatGPT uses a whole data center and megawatts of power. And thousands of highly trained techs and AI engineers. It has to be fed a lot and that's its downfall.

At the end of the day these are big machines doing what they were designed to do with lots and lots of logistical work, coordination, education, and millions of man hours to get them up and running. One HIMARs or tanker truck of diesel and the machine is GONE along with that investment.. Think of it as a giant Cathedral.

Moore's law broke in 2010. Growth has slowed and will end soon.

ChatGPT is interesting. But it's not particularly useful. And often absurd. For example, it's training data is infected with wokeness. That's like believing the Earth is flat. When you get dirt in your model it's hard to find the bad data and get rid of it.
I totally appreciate this but… CGTP isn’t the threat. I am worried about real deal machine intelligence which is assuredly being worked on.

Like I said, it isn’t…until it is.

Reactions: jrassy
Hey, I identify as Al Jolsen…

“Mammy… mammy…”

Sirhr
Great, now I am reminded of a Curly bit from Three Stooges.

"Mammy, Mammy. It's your Sammy, back from Alabamy. Bring on the eggs and hammy, oh, Mammy."