• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Image 28.jpeg

I feel so old it makes me want

Time well served. Spitballs through a Bic pen would get you the same results when I grew up. It stopped nobody with real dedication to the cause.
I shot a girl in the mouth with a Bic pen spitball in the fifth grade and she grew a crush on me. It would be years before I would learn females like stuff shot in their mouths.

1697839501837.png

Got tired of shitty spatulas that popped apart with cheap spot welds... and I hate plastic spatulas that melt and get a nasty tip on them.

So took some 1/16" and 1/8" mild steel and a couple of copper rivets and banged this out this afternoon. Bead blasted, wire brushed and finished with bluing salts. Then washed really well in hot, soapy water. Looks almost case-hardened... but it isn't! Thing is going to last 100 years!

Took less than an hour! Think I may make one in all copper next. Good kitchen stuff is awesome. The weapons you use every day!

Cheers,

Sirhr

View attachment 8253641

Got tired of shitty spatulas that popped apart with cheap spot welds... and I hate plastic spatulas that melt and get a nasty tip on them.

So took some 1/16" and 1/8" mild steel and a couple of copper rivets and banged this out this afternoon. Bead blasted, wire brushed and finished with bluing salts. Then washed really well in hot, soapy water. Looks almost case-hardened... but it isn't! Thing is going to last 100 years!

Took less than an hour! Think I may make one in all copper next. Good kitchen stuff is awesome. The weapons you use every day!

Cheers,

Sirhr
I’d be interested in one of those knifes if you could “bang one out”…..

Reactions: IowaPlinker
I’d be interested in one of those knifes if you could “bang one out”…..
The knife is an Half Face Blades Nakiri... one of the really early ones.

They are readily available and still in production, though can be spendy depending on level of custom. A massively useful kitchen blade! Drops every Saturday at 3 Eastern... look under Chef Blades. You'll love it! There is an HFB thread somewhere on SH, though not that active lately.

Cheers! Sirhr

Reactions: Keith E.
The knife is an Half Face Blades Nakiri... one of the really early ones.

They are readily available and still in production, though can be spendy depending on level of custom. A massively useful kitchen blade! Drops every Saturday at 3 Eastern... look under Chef Blades. You'll love it! There is an HFB thread somewhere on SH, though not that active lately.

Cheers! Sirhr
Image 30.jpeg

Not mine I get all my knives from St. Vincent's

Last edited:
We had 5 large, mature Norway maples, and about a half dozen oak trees of various types. Thank God the town we lived in has curb-side pick up for two weeks in November. I would end up with a pile 4ft wide by 4ft tall, and the entire length of our corner property so about 300 linear feet. Nope, don't miss that shit at all... :rolleyes: The maples were the worst because that had 3 seasons of crap falling down. In the early spring they had little fuzzy worm type things that fell, then those "propeller" type seed pods, then the leaves in the fall. Someone else's nightmare now LMAO

Last edited:
21 October, 1805: The British fleet under the command of Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson defeats the combined French & Spanish fleet at Trafalgar.

However, Adm. Lord Nelson is fatally wounded and dies three hours later. His final words: "God and my country."

(Normally I'd share the pictures but these files are way too big for the Hide to handle, so enjoy the links.)

Reactions: Laseredge