• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

90831-kramer-pimp-walk-gif-seinfeld-xi94.gif

pimp-walking.gif

70s-seventies.gif

assed. The road (CA120)to Benton from Lee Vinning, takes you past some incredible areas. Lots of Featherstone, and obsidian.

Old stomping grounds. Up in tioga Pass, take the Saddlebags Road, to Sawmill Campground. Hike in to the opposit moraine, and find an old settlement, with stacks of firewood (like 6 foot logs stacked here and there). I never go into the avaley, but the view from Olmstead Point is unsurpassed. The road (CA120)to Benton from Lee Vinning, takes you past some incredible areas. Lots of Featherstone, and obsidian.
Should have posted before the trip lol. Olmstead point. Yosemite was conducting a controlled burn in the valley hence the haze. Base camp was in Mammoth Lake. One day we drove to Crowley to see the columns, are you referring to Benton Crossing?
DSC_2070.JPG

Last edited:
Yes. In a number matching 65 Vet with 21K miles.
I'd share the rest of the pictures of this one and the rest of his collection, but I don't know if he would want the on the Web.
That should be a 283 as it *appears* to be a 57-58'ish vette.....hard to tell from that angle though and I could be wrong.....but that bump on the top of the radiator leads me to think it's earlier than you say.
One thing I can say for sure is that the distributor should not be plugged into the manifold vacuum.....there's a ported vac outlet on the throttle body on the other side of the intake for it.
Those things sucked to tune because the throttle worked like an on-off switch with no linearity at all.
There's a little counterweight up under the fuel pump/pressure regulator that acts as a weighted pendulum that you had to either grind a tiny bit off one side or add a tiny blob of solder to the other side to get better throttle response.

Did I mention those things sucked to tune ?

That should be a 283 as it *appears* to be a 57-58'ish vette.....hard to tell from that angle though and I could be wrong.....but that bump on the top of the radiator leads me to think it's earlier than you say.
One thing I can say for sure is that the distributor should not be plugged into the manifold vacuum.....there's a ported vac outlet on the throttle body on the other side of the intake for it.
Those things sucked to tune because the throttle worked like an on-off switch with no linearity at all.
There's a little counterweight up under the fuel pump/pressure regulator that acts as a weighted pendulum that you had to either grind a tiny bit off one side or add a tiny blob of solder to the other side to get better throttle response.

Did I mention those things sucked to tune ?
Ummm, okay.

Sad to see once badass carriers in that condition 😓 This was my home away from home on its way to be turned into razor blades. The USS Constellation (CVA64 )was relatively young when I was on her in the early to mid 70’s. Went back on her in 98 for a transit cruise from Bremerton to North Island. She looked awesome then.
Hope we get smooth shaves from her 😞

IMG_1514.png

Reactions: Keith E.