• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Just a great painting... N.C. Wyeth. 1909. "Alaskan Mail Carrier."

1708051998771.png

Before he became one of America's most famous artists, Wyeth had gone to the North and was, for a time, a mail carrier in Alaska. It was the time of Jack London and the Yukon Gold Rush... and young men went to find adventure in "Seward's Folley." Noone knows if the image was autobiographical or something described to Wyeth by another mail carrier or... from his imagination.

But it's a hell of a great painting! You couldn't have painted it if you weren't pretty familiar with the terrain and the wildlife and challenges of the Arctic.

Cheers.

A woman heard barking outside her home, and she knew it wasn’t coming from her dogs, an Arizona shelter said.

So she looked at her surveillance camera and watched as a Weimaraner mix chased a cat underneath her 1967 Chevy Nova on Jan. 19 in Phoenix, the Arizona Humane Society told McClatchy News in an email.

But she never saw the dog come out.

When she went outside to investigate, she saw the animal’s foot and tail hanging out from underneath the vehicle, a spokesperson said.

Nova, a Weimaraner-mix, is seen trapped in the engine of a 1967 Chevy Nova on Jan. 19 in Phoenix.

Nova, a Weimaraner-mix, is seen trapped in the engine of a 1967 Chevy Nova on Jan. 19 in Phoenix.
The 49-pound animal had “wedged herself deep into the engine area” of the Chevy, and she couldn’t get out, the shelter said in a Jan. 29 news release.

Rescuers slowly pulled her out of the engine, freeing her within 15 minutes. The animal was taken to a hospital where she had some wounds on her ears but was “otherwise healthy overall,” the shelter said.
dog looks embarrassed that the cat got away. Next time buddy, next time

I'm guessing that meme hasn't accounted for pressure.
Every 33 feet under water the pressure goes up another atmosphere.
On then moon I'd bet they were shooting for one, aka 14.7psi.
I've not been to the moon, just a guess.
View attachment 8350409

R
The capsule was 5 psi pure oxygen after launch. On the ground it was 14.7 psi mixed gas (after Apollo 1) which was purged to 100% O2 at 5 psi. I imagine the lander and suits were at the same pressure.

Reactions: Rthur
The capsule was 5 psi pure oxygen after launch. On the ground it was 14.7 psi mixed gas (after Apollo 1) which was purged to 100% O2 at 5 psi. I imagine the lander and suits were at the same pressure.
I'm seeing this is equivalent to 28k alt.
Seems it would be hypoxic that low.

R