• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

These women are now grandmothers.

434378137_835367635288146_5595432400943154693_n.jpg

I was asked to fix one of those once.
Was a "cold truck" type roach coach.....you know, no kitchen, 2 sides flipped up and they just had sodas and cold sammiches, chips, etc.

Anyway, the flywheel and pressure plate were still attached and the flywheel acted as a saw blade, it cut across and lodged the whole assembly in the passenger side door/window/post area.
It was a totalled truck, engine had snapped crank, tranny had snapped input, entire cab was wasted.....nothing left of truck.
I guess the engine crank broke off at the rear main bearing and since load was instantly nothing the rpms went thru the roof causing the whole mess.
Here's a tip, don't ride the clutch pedal and starve the rear main bearing of lubrication by it always having a load pushing the thrust forward.

Pete Rose On Ohtani Scandal: 'I wish I'd have had an interpreter'​

Major League Baseball's most infamous gambler shared his opinion on the gambling scandal surrounding baseball's biggest star.​

Paige Austin's profile picture

Paige Austin, Patch Staff
Verified Patch Staff Badge

Posted Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 6:15 pm PT

Los Angeles Dodgers designated hitter Shohei Ohtani (17) walks during the second inning of a spring training baseball game in Los Angeles, Sunday, March 24, 2024.

Los Angeles Dodgers designated hitter Shohei Ohtani (17) walks during the second inning of a spring training baseball game in Los Angeles, Sunday, March 24, 2024. (AP Photo/Ashley Landis)
LOS ANGELES, CA — Pete Rose, Major League Baseball's all-time hits leader and most infamous gambler weighed in on the gambling scandal weighing down Dodgers' superstar Shohei Ohtani.
Rose, who was banned for life from MLB for betting on games while manager of the Cincinnati Reds offered his cynical take on the situation.
According to various reports, as much as $4.5 million in wire transfers were made from Ohtani's bank account to an illegal bookmaking operation allegedly run by Orange County resident Mathew Bowyer, who is under federal investigation.

Saying he is "beyond shocked," Dodgers star Shohei Ohtani said his former interpreter stole money from his accounts without his knowledge to pay off massive gambling debts, and he only learned about the theft last week while the team was playing in Korea.
Ohtani, speaking to reporters at Dodger Stadium on Monday for the first time since the scandal surrounding former interpreter Ippei Mizuhara became public, stressed that "I never bet on baseball or any other sports or never have asked somebody to bet on my behalf."

Find out what's happening in Los Angeleswith free, real-time updates from Patch.​

Subscribe
"Up until a couple days ago I didn't know that this was happening," Ohtani said, adding that Mizuhara "has been stealing money from my account and has told lies."
After news broke last week that Ohtani's name was linked to a federal investigation into illegal gambling, the Dodgers quickly fired Mizuhara and accused him of stealing from their star slugger.
Mizuhara, for his part, quickly took the blame, offering conflicting accounts of what happened.
According to ESPN, Mizuhara gave the network a 90-minute interview last week in which he laid out his side of the story -- an interview arranged by an Ohtani spokesman. But after the interview, the same spokesman disavowed Mizuhara's account and said a statement would be made instead by Ohtani's attorneys, which happened last Wednesday alleging that Ohtani was the victim of a "massive theft."
During the ESPN interview, Mizuhara, 39, said he asked Ohtani last year to pay off his gambling debts, and Ohtani, while unhappy about it, agreed to do so. Mizuhara told the network that Ohtani had no involvement in any betting, and the interpreter insisted that he didn't realize his betting activities were illegal in California. He also said he never bet on any baseball games.
The next day, however, Mizuhara recanted his comments, telling ESPN that Ohtani had no knowledge of his gambling debts and denying that Ohtani had transferred any money to the bookmaking operation.
Despite the allegations of rampant theft, Rose seemed to think Ohtani was blessed to have an interpreter such as Mizuhara.
"Well, back in the 70s and 80s, I wish I'd have had an interpreter," Rose snarked in a post on X. "I'd be scott-free."