• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

ZA5xgGa.jpg

As you can tell, I love memes. Humor is a good thing.

This one is actually a true story. I (VFW Commander) added the extra prize (from my preps) onto one of our drawings early on in the virus scare when the run on toilet paper was at it's height. The place went wild when they found out what the extra prize was... lol. The winner donated it to another member who couldn't find any...

uyJprHg.jpg

Greta is an autistic child being manipulated by the left/green lobby.

You see that shopping cart meme above? About putting them away if you have any humanity? %$#k that! I leave them out so that Greta and the rest of her chromosome-deficient brethren have jobs that make them feel good about themselves!

Leave your carts in the middle of the parking lot! It employs the ones that don't have rich leftist advertising executives as parents.

Sirhr

You see that shopping cart meme above? About putting them away if you have any humanity? %$#k that! I leave them out so that Greta and the rest of her chromosome-deficient brethren have jobs that make them feel good about themselves!

Leave your carts in the middle of the parking lot! It employs the ones that don't have rich leftist advertising executives as parents.

Sirhr
I do the same for that exact reason.

Did a lot of flying in a single turbine Otter on floats.
I remember flying low through a canyon on a crap weather day making a series of deliveries to a backcountry lodge you could only access by float plane in the summer and hitting a monster downdraft. We were below the mountains on either side, unsure of elevation above the bottom, but we lost dang near half before Charlie got to the throttle and pulled us up.
It was a bit spooky, but having flown every day through the AK range and Talkeetna's, I was getting pretty used to it.....

I still have a huge passion for AK flying and the cool planes I was able to fly in up there.

Did a lot of flying in a single turbine Otter on floats.
I remember flying low through a canyon on a crap weather day making a series of deliveries to a backcountry lodge you could only access by float plane in the summer and hitting a monster downdraft. We were below the mountains on either side, unsure of elevation above the bottom, but we lost dang near half before Charlie got to the throttle and pulled us up.
It was a bit spooky, but having flown every day through the AK range and Talkeetna's, I was getting pretty used to it.....

I still have a huge passion for AK flying and the cool planes I was able to fly in up there.
I had an old family friend that used to fly a Beaver out of Talkeetna. He'd fly climbing parties to Denali base camp. He also helped cover the Iditarod. His name is Tom Koff and I haven't heard from him in many years.

Hmmmm. Name doesn't ring a bell. I flew out of "Talkeetna International" too. Do you know which company he flew for?
Did get to meet Cliff Hudson, one of the original Denali Flyers. Also met Bradford Washburn and many other cool characters of life. Including many not well known, who were tough and fun folks.

Knew a lady pilot who I had the biggest crush on. Blonde babe who would shoot and clean her own game and had her own Cub to fly it out of the backcountry with!! If only I had been a few years older, I woulda worked harder to snag that one. She still lives there and I believe flies part time.

the company I worked for flew climbers into base camp, as well as other places, all it takes is money!!

we also had a float plane base and on some days, usually Alaska range weather days, I would work flying stuff into remote hunting and fishing lodges.

Lots of crazy stories and poorly taken film pictures to document those adventures!

Reactions: Sgt47 and 12Bravo
@powdahound76 I think he flew for Talkeetna Air Taxi, but that was at least 20 years ago. I have no idea what he is doing now. I guess I need to try and track him down.

Edit: I found this pic on the TAT site circa 2008.
tom&thebeav.jpg

Reactions: powdahound76
That was after my time. I just looked at an old album and have a picture of me in front. of that airplane in what would be late July 2001 when it still belonged to Doug Geeting Aviation (or at least was leased by them from someone).

ETA: here it is. I had just turned 21 a couple weeks before and had hitchhiked 7 hrs or so drive time north to Talkeetna to meet some glacier flyers.
returned the next year to work full time there.

781D5D00-B150-4D4A-A7C5-24036DFEC37E.jpeg

Last edited:
As you can tell, I love memes. Humor is a good thing.

This one is actually a true story. I (VFW Commander) added the extra prize (from my preps) onto one of our drawings early on in the virus scare when the run on toilet paper was at it's height. The place went wild when they found out what the extra prize was... lol. The winner donated it to another member who couldn't find any...

uyJprHg.jpg

the prize was William Shatner?

I tried that cliff diving crap once at Belton Lake When I was at Ft Hood. It was about 90 ft. Didn't have my hands positioned right... smacked my head pretty hard on the water. Gave me a hell of a headache. Just jumped feet first rest of the day... One of my feet first jumps went bad too. Had my feet too far apart... The boys took a smack. That crap ain't no joke.

Good job man, high contrast situations are hard to capture.

thanks, I’ve started to experiment with the manual mode on my wife’s Nikon (I bought it for her for Christmas a few years ago) and am really having some fun with it!