• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_3a26e0397ed5d1d27eddc48c52d89d82_04f7daa5_540.gif

Not only will it control erosion, it will control all life
It makes for a great walking stick when it's the right size. Where you located as I might buy some from you. But yeah it spreads like crazy and even round up doesn't work that well on it.

Not only will it control erosion, it will control all life

So true. Their roots system will invade every inch of the area around the creek, but it will continue to crawl for hundreds of feet. I had a neighbor years ago who had planted a fence line of bamboo. In 20 years, the roots ran under the road and came up in our front yard. It crawled to her next door neighbor's property and became invasive there too. The county made her dig up all bamboo and fined her $1k. When we moved 9 years ago, the next door neighbor was still dealing with their root system and sprouts coming up all over their property.

Same in my Alexandria, VA area. Oriental neighbors planted bamboo on property of their single-family house to remind them of home. Lost home to foreclosure. Neighbors on either side and HOA property had invasion of bamboo. New homeowner and neighbors tried chemicals, lawnmower, digging, etc.; nothing worked. Finally new owners, neighbors, and HOA paid thousands for landscaper to remove fencing and remove everything four feet down, and replace with new soil. It is now forbidden to plant bamboo and it is the homeowner's entire responsibility to pay for removal.

Reactions: Lawless
It makes for a great walking stick when it's the right size. Where you located as I might buy some from you. But yeah it spreads like crazy and even round up doesn't work that well on it.
I'm in central Tx.,
I'm 65, I'll be dead or want care before it takes over
Cedar Park to Hutto nothing but concrete, more every day. No place for rain to soak in all runoff
Water used to take 24 hours to reach me, now its 12.
Creek would barely run in summer now 1/3 full all the time.
Way to many people around here