• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Our poor powers of speech leave us unable to convey any solace for the sadness which covers and consumes your spirit now. The love of a good dog is life giving.

“Dogs’ lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you’re going to lose a dog, and there’s going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her (him), never fail to share her (his) joy or delight in her (his) innocence, because you can’t support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There’s such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price.” – Dean Koontz

Last edited:
161773201_10219669960525140_8701826828814547500_n.jpg

Already have. Locals here say no pew pew devices. If I do bring any, ALL (long and handguns) have to be checked and registered with local PD. No carry permits available. Even if you have them here, a local gun shop owner told me there is virtually no areas to shoot unless you know a private land owner.
….that does it for me…..then again, I spent several months on Oahu in the Kaneohe Mountains playing war games, so, I’m good. Been there done that…

View attachment 7701668
would like to go there sometime….

Fantastic place.

Went there 2014....stayed for night fireworks Patriotic history presentations.

They called all vets down on stage. I was going to stay in stands but kids and wife were saying "Go. Go."

Glad I did we raised the colors on stage while national anthem played...cool as shit.

Fantastic place.

Went there 2014....stayed for night fireworks Patriotic history presentations.

They called all vets down on stage. I was going to stay in stands but kids and wife were saying "Go. Go."

Glad I did we raised the colors on stage while national anthem played...cool as shit.

I went.
They called us down on the stage.
I stayed in the stands.

Regret it still. I should have gone down.

View attachment 7701669
not interestEd in going there, maybe Normandy….
The Eiffel tower is actually quite amazing, considering the time frame when it was built. It definitely pays to take the elevator all the way to the top. The Arc de Triomph is a worthwhile visit as well. Normandy is a "bucket list" trip for my wife and I...maybe someday...

Reactions: Recon Marine
I haven't flown in 4-5 years now.

We used to fly to Boston and whale watch in Gloucester Mass 4-5 times a Summer. The area politics made it less enjoyable until we stopped going. It's a shames because it is awe inspiring to see the wildlife.

Reactions: Recon Marine
I haven't flown in 4-5 years now.

We used to fly to Boston and whale watch in Gloucester Mass 4-5 times a Summer. The area politics made it less enjoyable until we stopped going. It's a shames because it is awe inspiring to see the wildlife.

If you take a chance again to do it Pm me.

Great restaurant in Gloucester center "Tonno".

and if you beach it Long Beach on the Gloucester/Rockport line is fantastic. clear water, nice waves, little cold but if temps are above 80 you want that. I have watched whales at distances with binos from the beach - real ones not the beach type.

Reactions: BullGear
Best time to go is during the "off season".

The week of December 15 2002, I was out at Lawrence Livermore and had a free day. I decided to make the drive to Yosemite Valley. I'm glad that I did. The weather was great and although there was some snow, the roads thru the pass were clear. The valley was practically deserted. Only the Ahwahnee hotel was open. The rest of the park concessions were closed. No campers and very few hikers out on the trails. I had a great time. It felt like I had the entire part to myself...

Determine what the off seasons are and make the trip at that time...

View attachment 7701753

View attachment 7701754

View attachment 7701756

View attachment 7701757

View attachment 7701758

View attachment 7701759
Unfortunatley my family and job situation put me in a position that I can't go except during the peak season. My wife is a teacher, I farm and the only time that we can get there is mid July. I have never been to Yosemite and figure we won't be able to until I retire. However farmers rarely retire, so I probably won't get there.

Best time to go is during the "off season".

The week of December 15 2002, I was out at Lawrence Livermore and had a free day. I decided to make the drive to Yosemite Valley. I'm glad that I did. The weather was great and although there was some snow, the roads thru the pass were clear. The valley was practically deserted. Only the Ahwahnee hotel was open. The rest of the park concessions were closed. No campers and very few hikers out on the trails. I had a great time. It felt like I had the entire part to myself...

Determine what the off seasons are and make the trip at that time...

View attachment 7701753

View attachment 7701754

View attachment 7701756

View attachment 7701757

View attachment 7701758

View attachment 7701759
That was in 2002. Back then Yosemite had a off season. It would started after Labor Day. Now Yosemite doesn’t have a off season that is noticeable.

September 12, 1962: Pres. Kennedy gives an address at Rice University on the US space effort.

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
[...]
Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there."

Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it, and the moon and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, as we set sail we ask God's blessing on the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which man has ever embarked.

1631468575510.png1631468728087.png

Unfortunatley my family and job situation put me in a position that I can't go except during the peak season. My wife is a teacher, I farm and the only time that we can get there is mid July. I have never been to Yosemite and figure we won't be able to until I retire. However farmers rarely retire, so I probably won't get there.
I think spring (March/April) is best for Yosemite. Waterfalls are full and most kids/families aren't in summer vacation mode.