• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Future Optics Decision: uso, premire, nxs

Re: Future Optics Decision: uso, premire, nxs

My decision was close to yours. I had a 15x NF, and was waiting around for the 25x Premier for my 7WSM. Well, a deal came up and I traded the 15x NF for a 22x NF. And now I have both the 25x Premier and a 22x NF. I might trade/sell the 22x NF later on down the road and get a 15x Premier. I like the size and when I do, I will have Mil/Mil for my 2 main scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

right now my gut tells me to keep the 22x nsx on the 7wsm and then buy a 15x premier for my 243

any thoughts or opinions? </div></div>
I think your gut feeling is right on target. I've got the PH 15x on a .308, and it sounds like it would fit your needs very well.

Hmmm, it sounds like your going to be using these scopes more for long-range paper punching than for anything else - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If so, you might want to take a look at some of the higher magnification benchrest scopes that are out there i.e. NightForce 12-42x, Leupold, March, or even Weaver. These have extremely fine reticules and the higher magnification allows for really tight holds.

I have a USO-SN3-TPAL and a Premier Heritage 5-25x56mm and love them both, but they're built for combat and are TANKS in both build quality and weight. While at one time I was a fan, and still am, of the USO's 1/4 MOA-based adjustment knob and MOA hold-over reticule combo, I've become much more of a fan of the Premier's 1/10 MIL-based adjustments and MIL-XR hold-over reticule combo. Plus the Premier's super positive clicks and even heavier clicks when dialing through a whole MIL is gorgeous! My vote goes to the Premier in this regard.

If you're shooting at multiple targets at unknown distances, either of these scopes/reticules will serve you well, plus their so well built, should you happen to take a header running to your next shooting position, your rifle will be your only concern as these scopes can take a licking.

However, if I'm shooting at targets of known distance and shooting from a bench or prone platform, or just working up a tack-driving load for a rifle, I have NO qualms about putting on my Weaver T-36 (36x magnification). It has an ultra-fine reticule that allows me to hold extremely tight on target and holds a definite advantage over the USO & Premier in this regard as they both have larger, i.e. thicker, reticules which really comes into play when shooting at longer distances.

It all comes down to what you're gonna use it for. Are you a tactical, on the move, steel safari, i.e. multiple targets of unknown distance kind of shooter, than I'd probably vote for the Premier with it's simple 1/10 MIL adjustment/reticule combo, or are you REALLY a benchrest shooter (even though your rifle is more of a field rifle it sounds like you're in this category), than look for a high-magnification benchrest setup.

I really like having my Weaver on hand - it's got a permanent set of rings that are QD (quick disconnect) that allows me to pull off an existing scope and mount it up in a flash! A few shots later to zero it, and I'm up and running!

Don't know if I helped
smile.gif
but it's definitely a question you should ask yourself. Let me know if I can help!

Ryan

If you are going to shoot ASC then I would bet that a FFP scope will be VERY high on your list after coming down from the mountain. Just sayin'
wink.gif

Cheers,

Doc