• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fwiw

Thanks for sharing.

Some time the harsh reality can be a wakeup call. Like it or not, the next time anyone is in the grocery, walmart, hell anywhere in the US. Take a look around at the people. Looks like something from the Wall-e movie.

Media glamorizes the "be as you are" type mentality, commercials with "normal" looking people, television shows etc.

Dont get me wrong, its not about body shape, but prudent heart living, and body mass index (fat to muscle ratio), as some of the worlds strongest men are barrel chested, but are solid muscle.

Portions in the US are frickin ridiculous. I dont need a fucking casserole size portion for $15.99, how about a quarter of the size for $5.99.

64oz pop really?

AuP5UUlCMAA6DFB.jpg

Oh well, I guess its one way to equalize the rapid population growth, as folks dont smoke any more.

I remember back in the day there was a big controversy over this sign

628x471.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

Some time the harsh reality can be a wakeup call. Like it or not, the next time anyone is in the grocery, walmart, hell anywhere in the US. Take a look around at the people. Looks like something from the Wall-e movie.

Media glamorizes the "be as you are" type mentality, commercials with "normal" looking people, television shows etc.

Dont get me wrong, its not about body shape, but prudent heart living, and body mass index (fat to muscle ratio), as some of the worlds strongest men are barrel chested, but are solid muscle.

Portions in the US are frickin ridiculous. I dont need a fucking casserole size portion for $15.99, how about a quarter of the size for $5.99.

64oz pop really?

AuP5UUlCMAA6DFB.jpg

Oh well, I guess its one way to equalize the rapid population growth, as folks dont smoke any more.

I remember back in the day there was a big controversy over this sign

628x471.jpg

Thats funnycommercial. Ive been toying with one called "Why some men prefer Shankster's hefties."

The answer of course is that" In time of crisis, or famine, their food supply lasts longer."

It's a simple thing to say and try to do, but the big problem is teenagers who hang out on the weekends, or stay up an hour or two past parents each night. It is the chips, sodas and BS teh friends bring over, it is the fast food when they are not home. I say this because I try each day to do a little bit, and not be so direct that it hits too hard to my middle boy. Yeah, he has genes of the Hawaiian side against him. His grampa was heavy boned and carried a bit of excess. So with that, Panty 6 rampages us with brown rice(YUK), healthy food(good), rules of NO SODA, NO CANDY, NO THIS OR THAT, and we get hammered for even thinking of buying one little can of Red Bull, but the bottom line is that the kid will do as he pleases regardless of what we do or say. She seems to have more impact than I, but if I go there, I WILL be that asshole dad who tells it like it is. No1, No3, they have no issues like this. They take after me, semi rail thin, high speed metabolisms, and no weight issues at all...till they hit that with woman 30 something mark. No2 Boy, newly graduated, well, we do what we can to try to make him do the right thing. He does eat healthy amounts during the week, but we have to wonder what he is eating while he is out delivering everyone's Chinese Dinner.

I think this is quite possibly one of the toughest parts about being a dad, and will allow that dealing with a lost son or daughter is the absolute worst

it's a growing problem when a grilled chicken salad and a bottle of water costg $8 but you can get a large combo meal with a fried chicken sandwhich, large fries, and a large cocke for $5 and then people wonder why America is getting fat.

^ Preaching.

I cut "junk" from my diet (not so hard here in oz given our more stringent health laws and higher fresh food supply), but my food bill easily went up about 20%

Seriously one of the biggest (pun intended) issues facing western society is gluttony and laziness when it comes to food choices. We're a society hooked on salt sugar and trans fats.

Also darkside if you look, most McDonalds/Subway/WhateveryouhaveintheUS salads and "healthy" options can be just as bad for you. Juices being the prime example.