• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fx120i: Does it Come Calibrated from CE Products?

PFG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Texas
Short story…

I went through all the set up instructions that Adam includes with the Auto Trickler documents.

Turned on the scale, downloaded the app, dumped in H4831, and started tossing and trickling charges.

Once I dialed in the auto throw and auto trickler, I used my Lee beam balance to confirm that 41.5 was 41.5. I suppose I just wanted to be certain. Then away I went throwing charges.

I realized - after the fact - that I did no calibration with a calibration weight.

Did I major oops or do these come calibrated?

It's worth getting a proper check weight to calibrate it yourself as needed. If it's weighing close to a scale you already load then you are most likely fine for now as that is a relative charge weight value to something you have done before.

When I read the instructions about the calibration I thought jeeez they couldnt do this before shipping?

I then followed the manual and all the settings were already set in my V4. So, I was :)

Scale calibration done right is localized, down to where on the table you put the scale. Just get a 100g check weight and use it before you load every time, calibration takes all of a minute and guarantees that at least you are accurate to yourself session to session.

If you don't really care, it's probably "close enough"

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
If you verified on a beam scale that your charges were 41.5 like you wanted them, you’re good.

But I’d still get a check weight.

@Halfnutz Yes, settings were confirmed via the instructions. And like you, all settings were in place when it arrived from CE.

Well, dug around in the box of stuff from CE/Adam and viola, found a 100g check weight.

Now for the next dumb question...scale is set for GN as the default unit. No problem using this method for calibration and keeping GN as default? ....

Why the fuck is the retard turning off the scale? Dont turn it off. When it says end just take the weight off... You can surmize as much from the instructions that came with the scale. I would ignore that video.

Also, do it with the powder pan in place instead of calibrating in a manner you arent going to be weighing in.

You hold calibrate, it says 0 you hit sample to find the empty weight, then it will say 100 and thats when you put the weight on and press sample again, when its done you take the weight off and use the scale. I put the weight back on just to ensure its reading correctly, if its not you breathed so redo the calibration process.

CE used to offer the scale set up as a 10 buck add on or something but Im pretty sure they do it for all that they sell now. Still go through it yourself to verify and learn how to use the thing you bought. It comes with the instructions, read em.

IMO, you should calibrate your scale every time before using but after warm up. It surely doesn't hurt anything but your time.

I bought a super fancy ultra high precision calibration weight when I got mine. If I remember right the factory calibration from CE was really close to the ultra precision weight, maybe something like 50.02 instead of 50 grams. At powder charge weights it would be an irrelevant difference.

I haven't calibrated it since, been several years. The empty powder pan keeps weighing the same amount every time I put it on the scale, so I figure that the scale is still G2G.

Calibration points at zero and the calibration weight will form a fairly straight line, less any linearity errors.
At powder charge weights, the full scale calibration will have minimal effect on accuracy.

A difference in the local gravity at the seller's location and your location will cause a percentage error relative to the difference in local gravity.
One local calibration eliminates the original gravity calibration..

What class fancy weight did you get?

Last edited: