• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FYI - Default Media Settings - Everyone Can View

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
Pay attention to what you are doing when you are uploading media.
The forum default view is "Everyone". That means the whole world can see your pictures, videos, etc. unless you manually make changes.
Some of you are posting names, addresses, and more publicly. Review your media and delete anything that is no longer relevant and adjust your settings as needed.

I just went through all of the media posts and removed all personal identity items and some old media that was no longer in use.
You guys need to pay attention to this. Someone almost gave away a TBAC certificate today, and many of had posted ID's with nothing covered.

So for like our own private adult "Motivational Pictures" then?

Good catch I saw some stuff with names addresses drivers licenses where good were selling and buying in the px.

It’s also a good idea when posting pictures to make sure your address is not in the metadata. I use a separate camera app on my iPhone and turn off location services for it when I plan on posting a picture online. No sense in telling thieves where your guns are. You can also use the free app ViewExif to strip the pictures of the metadata before you post.

Reactions: Aviatorruss