• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

FYI, Remington 5R/R5

Re: FYI, Remington 5R/R5

demotivation.us_Cool-story-bro-_130246830074.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Remington R5 is an electric shaver.

A Remington 5R is a rifle.

Something that bugs me that I have seen a lot lately.

That is all. </div></div>

And a 5R5 is a model of Italian sunglasses:

Bottega Veneta Sunglasses Model 03-5R5

So you'll look snappy wearing your 5R5's, whilst shooting your Rem 5R, after shaving with your Rem R5.......
grin.gif

Thank you for the clarification. That bugs me too but not as much as "turrents". Carry on.

As long as we're airing our semantic pet peeves, a 4X16 scope ain't a variable power. I read that as a fixed 4 power with a 16mm objective. Use a hyphen, as in 4-16X42mm. Not the same as 4X16 or 4X16X42.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natty Bumpo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as we're airing our semantic pet peeves, a 4X16 scope ain't a variable power. I read that as a fixed 4 power with a 16mm objective. Use a hyphen, as in 4-16X42mm. Not the same as 4X16 or 4X16X42. </div></div>

Dang it! I'm guilty of the 4X16X42 scenario.

Don't forget about clips and magazines.

my muzzle break broke the turrent clean off'n my Counter Sniper. All I could say was "Ohms my God!"
Got to go now cuz I gotta load sum more 308 shells before I lay down on my shooting matt and go off to sleep.
Ya'll come!

^ lol. I hate when people put their name at the end of their post like a signature, as if we're not smart enough to look to the left of their post to see who made it.

-XxMerlinxX

I recently saw a Marlin advertisement that referred to their magazine as a "clip". Nice.

Even though "bbl" is the proper abbreviation for barrel I can't stand it because there's only one damn B in barrel.

And I do know the reason it has 2 B's but it is still stupid.

Adding a bolt knob to your 700 SPS doesn't make it "custom". And it doesn't "shoot one hole all day long" either.

No, sir. It does shoot one hole all day long. "Just as long as I do my part."

The one that I see the most is "turrents".... Urban dictionary defines this as " A common misspelling of the word turret, usually made by people with a fourth-grade education.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muscle breaks, and rectical. </div></div>

I'd see a doctor if your having muscle breaks...... just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is R5. Not nearly as reliable as a R2 unit IMHO

</div></div>

Haha, that's great! As a Star Wars nerd, I approve this comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JustSaber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is R5. Not nearly as reliable as a R2 unit IMHO

</div></div>

Haha, that's great! As a Star Wars nerd, I approve this comment. </div></div>

I heard they have shitty motivaters in them. I hear they go out too often.

How about:

"I just got my new rig/custom 700 sps tactical and its awesome /amazing /fantastic /greatest thing since sliced bread..............Cant wait to shoot it....................."

Will it still be so cool if it ends up only shooting 3MOA groups, or are looks and feels all that makes a rifle these days?

How 'bout:
"He borrowed me $10." Rather than "He loaned me $10."
"I axed him for directions." Rather than "I asked him for directions."
"She robbed me of my house." Rather than "She burglarized my house."
"Irregardless." Rather than "regardless."
"Purogative VS prerogative."
"My baby din't do nuffin." No explanation required.

and on and on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How 'bout:
"He borrowed me $10." Rather than "He loaned me $10."
"I axed him for directions." Rather than "I asked him for directions."
"She robbed me of my house." Rather than "She burglarized my house."
"Irregardless." Rather than "regardless."
"Purogative VS prerogative."
"My baby din't do nuffin." No explanation required.

and on and on. </div></div>How about "dethawing" some meat?

Rectical? Is that a tactical asshole?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PittsDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"hot" water heater and "duck" tape

</div></div>

Haha yea I hate that one too... what is it needed for if it heats already hot water.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rectical? Is that a tactical asshole? </div></div>

Bwahahaha.... guys in my office just asked me what was so funny because I literally busted out laughing.....

Now there are two other guys laughing their asses off as well....

Thank God I work in a department full of Hillbillys, Rednecks and Vet's otherwise I'd probably be making a trip to HR for "threatening/dangerous comments".....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Felderthewelder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even though "bbl" is the proper abbreviation for barrel I can't stand it because there's only one damn B in barrel.

And I do know the reason it has 2 B's but it is still stupid.

</div></div>

This abbreviation actually hails from Oil trading. The official abbreviation for Barrel (read 55 gallon oil drum) is Bbl. It transfered over to the firearms world... still think "Brl" would look better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone wants to buy a "sniper" rifle. </div></div> that annoys me, the fact that people go to gun shops and ask for "sniper" rifles.

I always think along the same lines when people call a Remington 700P a "PSS". The PSS is the package Remington sells as a "Police Sniper System" which includes case, bipod, and Leupold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or the guy that walks into a gunstore and asks for a box of "bullets"... </div></div>

+1 people. People in the wal-mart gun section always make me laugh. Especially the week before rifle season when all of the old rednecks come out of the woods and discuss "the most accurate gun." No ligitimate measurements are ever mentioned,it's always something like- "I can hit my neighbors mailbox with my ol' 30-30 from 500 yards away."

Before it was known as the 700P, the rifle itself was called a 700PSS, not sure when they changed it.

I am glad that I got my new sniper scope where my reticule and turrents match.