• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FYI - Sniper's Hide Survey

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    As a heads up to the members here, I have put out a short survey to some of the members on the site via email.

it's completely confidential, its only being used internally and your information will not be shared.

So, if you receive it, please take the time to fill it out, its only 24 questions pretty simple stuff and there just to help me focus the site a little better.

Thanks,

Re: FYI - Sniper's Hide Survey

"What is your <span style="font-weight: bold">current</span> Gender? "

Haha!
    laugh.gif

CHRIS

I'll just answer here out in the open for everyone to see:

No, I don't think Jasonk has been abusing his rights as moderator to sell vast amounts of his treasures to the poor snipershide masses.

He's been very fair with his prices.

I'm definitely not a Rasmussen, I think I need to employ a proof reader, I waited 24 hours before reading it and still missed the two "current" ... my bad.

I'll get better at it,
    smile.gif

I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer, it really helps me out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll just answer here out in the open for everyone to see:

No, I don't think Jasonk has been abusing his rights as moderator to sell vast amounts of his treasures to the poor snipershide masses.

He's been very fair with his prices.</div></div>

LMAO Torf you bastard!! It's just you I abuse!!

I didn't even get the survey.....maybe there's a reason for that.

I can't find the comments and suggestions box

Damn CKA mine had both, must have omitted it from yours only. Maybe he didn't give a shit about your suggestions, or wanted you to opine for that matter. Scares the hell out of me just thinking about it.

FYI your name was mentioned repeatedly in both of mine!!!
    Mike

I'll catch that stuff next time, and send a few test surveys out a head of time.

Besides it would be too robotic if I didn't make any mistakes
    smile.gif

I hope EL was smart enough to NOT send one to CKA!

EL, My wife can do proof reading, but I guarantee she is so thorough that you will have a good case of Red Ass when she is done. That's what you get when you marry an Engineer who was a GS-14!

I created a Test Subject List with a couple of people in it, in the future I will use the test subject list first.

Mine can do it too, but she is currently working on her own project so no big deal... its not a national tragedy as we know there has a be a few gender benders out there as well as couple of people who don't even know what today is.

There's no category for 'More than 40 hours a week' spent on the Hide. How will the government employees be able to complete the survey?
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as well as couple of people who don't even know what today is. </div></div>

Its Monday the 5th isnt it?

I find it comical that 8 people complained about being "Spammed" by the email despite the fact they signed up for membership on this site...

Hey I like the "current" year!!! Makes 1955 sound not too long ago!! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find it comical that 8 people complained about being "Spammed" by the email despite the fact they signed up for membership on this site... </div></div>

I'd bet a dollar you can figure a way to "remedy" their spam problem!

Done.....

As for gender bending...I'm an ugly dude and would be a coyote ugly woman!

I took the day off and just jogged into my work e-mail system and found LL’s invitation for the survey. What a pleasant surprise. I only wish I hadn’t seen all of the other stuff that is waiting for me when I get back tomorrow.

How many rounds do you have allocated for an all out Zombie Attack was the only one that I was unsure about wanting anyone to know the answer to.

All the rest were good to go.

Filled it out as soon as I saw it in my email.
    Glad to help, Frank!

I was not aware, though, that my gender and birth year were considered flexible items these days.
    This opens up alot of new possibilities for me.
    laugh.gif

Yes LL it really is 9 inches.

Done, and if I had nine inches I wouldn't be a jet mechanic!

Frank,
    would have been nice to have a section to fill in with: comments, suggestions, concerns, or what not.

Just a thought.

Survey filled out and submitted.

Thanks,
    Stu

I would appreciate it if everyone polled voted "yes" for me to have my own forum with no moderator involvement. Thanks in advance to you guys for your support.

Done. What kind of leaves are on Shankster avatar would have been a good question.

Scott,

As an advertiser you will see the results, I am currently finalizing the forms and the numbers for the new rate schedule, so once that is 100%, it will be included. The new schedule has pages of detail as to the traffic on the site.

I am proofing it daily, collaborating with some on it to make sure I don't have any "Current Date of Birth" errors in it.
    smile.gif
    then everyone will be getting them. (Even incorporated your idea for a sliding scale)

Done did it.

Wasn't sure about the children part so I left it as none. But there probably are a few blue-eyed, Asian looking devils running around still.
    laugh.gif

I've deleted my post, and am replacing it with this:

What's the survey for, Frank, and how will it and it's results be used?

Demographics, grasshopper. The site, and it's suppliers will be establishing a firmer set of demographics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"it's completely confidential, its only being used internally and your information will not be shared.

.....there just to help me focus the site a little better."

"As an advertiser you will see the results,,,,"

Anyone else, Frank?

</div></div>

D'uh they see a summary of the percentages not the results from an individual.

no one persons results get flagged, its 75% of people said "X" your information is confidential.

I love how some one is always trying to start some shit, like I'm fucking lying to you.

As for DOB, I replied as of last week it was 1939.... What happened to Doubles for shotguns??

Frank,

My apologies if I worded it wrong, but no, I'm not trying to "start some shit", and not, I don't think you're "lying to me".

I was just simply asking if there was anyone else involved.

That's it,
    That's all,

Nothing else. My answers wouldn't have changed any, anyways. As I stated in another thread, (something about google quiz, or whatever) I am just trying to understand more about what these "tests" and "surveys" are trying to accomplish.

Not knocking them, not jumping on a bandwagon, or any crap like that.

Apologies if I hit a nerve, it was unintended.

Sean.

Who else was involved, involved in what ? I did it, errors and all.

I was looking to establish the demographics of the site, if you don't know that means look it up. If you don't know what that is used for look it up.

You're ignorance is not my problem. Why would I "involve" anyone else ? Its for me to better know what the demographic cross section of this site looks like. This site is a very important focus group, people care about what the group thinks, its important to establish a baseline. Otherwise, for anyone cares, this is just a collection of 10 yr old spouting off bullshit. its establishes credibility for the site.

Go ask any magazine who their subscribers are...

9 years this site has been around, its the first time I have ever asked anyone to fill out anything. And it clearly asks if its okay whether or you mind getting contacted, and only those who said yes were asked, even then only those who have been active in the last 3 months, and had more than 50 posts were asked. It wasn't spread across 27,000 email addresses for a reason, and yes the list is private.

Why do people care what military unit uses what scope, or what is the most popular 6mm bullet. Which 338LM rifle is the best or who prefers which reticle... how about engaging some common sense.