• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G. A. Precision Thunder Ranch - ok, so it's a laser cannon

Quickdraw Outlaw

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2013
16,000 yards east of KC
Took today off for errands and some fun.

Ended up at the local Missouri Conservation dept range. It's, concrete, safe and LOUD. Two out of three ain't bad and she took the words right out of my mouth.

Took my G.A. Precision .308 with 2.5 x 10 Night Force scope out for it's second range trip. Most accurate rifle I've owned or shot.

From the bench.

ammoleft_zps14e3612e.jpg

Down range.

target_zps39506175.jpg

I felt good about this group. That is my dad's caliper (Craftsman and marked as made in Germany). 1.0 inch from outside. 0.7 inch from bullet center to center. Ammo - Federal Premium Gold Medal Match 168 grain Sierra BTHP.

calipers_zps02042bfc.jpg

Let's get this Laser clean.

cleanme_zps216d6f22.jpg

Where were you at? Lake city or parma woods? They both look very similar to one another. Those ranges are loud. Almost not worth taking my can when I go. The prices aren't bad but sometimes either range will have a line to get on the firing line. I had to wait almost an hour to get on to lake city back in October.

OP- congrats on the new rifle. I suspect the groups will get smaller from here once the barrel is broken in and you get more comfortable behind the rig.

Bonjourjr- Two words- deer season. I would advise anyone to avoid those ranges at all costs that time of the year. ;)

Oh yea groups better get smaller, and should speed up a bit too. Now get that gun off a bench, and on the ground where you can shoot!, Lol.