• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G-Code Softshell Scorpion Mag Pouches

C_R_Slacker

Slowpoke R.
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Does anyone have experience with the g-code softshell scorpion mag pouches in either pistol or rifle? I'm thinking of getting some of these for general range use and maybe pistol/carbine classes. I don't feel like i need a full on battle belt, so these look like a good option.

Specifically, which belt clip works best with a standard nylon gun belt like a wilderness tactical or 5.11 tactical? I'm thinking either the paddle or p3/r3. P3/r3 looks like they wouldn't be as cumbersome as the paddles, but might not be as easy to pop in and out.

Anyway, if anyone has experience with these products i would appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.

I have a few, I like them a lot. The paddle is not that cumbersome and holds them pretty good.

Reactions: C_R_Slacker
I run em for AK mags in the comp "Red Oktober" they have all these silly obstacles that is challenging on gear.

Didn't have any lost mags. I like that it's a piece of gear that works really well for multiple types of mags.

OP

I used to run KYWI pouches. They were great for AR15 and love them. But I have since switched to TACOS because I have an AK too which ironically I never run. I think the KYWIs hold the AR mags better and if that was all I was running, would be all I would use

I haven’t used the soft-shell version but I have a set of the original hard-shell mag pouches. I have both types of clips. If you want to wear a rifle and pistol mag pouch and have them right next to each other the paddles will interfere with getting them close to each other. Also, the paddle is great on the hip, but not so much if you move it forward or back (like how one of the pouches will have to be). It may be uncomfortable to have the paddle not directly to your side. I don’t have any issues with the belt loops.

Not sure how you plan to wear them but I’ve found stacking one on top of the other using a single belt loop or paddle doesn’t work very well. It puts too much weight on a single attachment point and tends to sag. Also, it becomes very wide. Unnaturally so. It will be in the way of your arm and you’ll bang it on everything. At least that’s my experience.

What kind of mags are you running?

For pistol, just typical polymer frame mags...glock and hk. Also single stack glock 43 and 1911 if they will work.

For rifle, ar15 mags 99% of the time. Maybe ak and ar10 if they will work. Also, it would be awesome if aics mags worked too.

For pistol, just typical polymer frame mags...glock and hk. Also single stack glock 43 and 1911 if they will work.

For rifle, ar15 mags 99% of the time. Maybe ak and ar10 if they will work. Also, it would be awesome if aics mags worked too.

They should be fine, the pouches are adjustable. Just pull the elastic cord tight and cinch it down with the spring loaded plastic thingy. (not sure what they are called)

Yes with certain caveats.

MDT 3.85" Mag - note, mag height is shorter than pouch height.
HJx3tQd.jpg

PMAG M3 25rd SR/LR M118
Q1wfzp9.jpg

Colt Mfg 7rd 1911 45 auto mag, S&W M&P9 17rd Mag + Floyds Custom Shop +2 basepad, PMAG M3 30rd 5.56 Mag
1qfpfqP.jpg

Note: Pistol mag pouch is the short version, not the tall.

P3/R3 are relatively quick to pop out. Fairly secure. If the belt is too thick, it won't secure well. Since they're designed for 1.75" belt widths, there is a small amount of vertical slop with 1.5" belt widths. I haven't found it to be a problem.

Last edited:
I have one of the rifle soft shells attached via molle to a ronin gun belt and its extremely secure. So far all I have run in the carrier is magpul AR P Mags and mainly a Magpul 10 round AI mag for PRS stuff. haven't had any complaints when run either way.

Shoftshell Scorpions are dope. I'm using P2/R2 mounts, but I'm also using their Operator Belt. Personally, I like the setup a lot!
IMG_20190513_123019537.jpg

i run them on their belt, for all my prs matches
they work will with those mags and work well when i do some range stuff with my AR