• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns G19 MOS with Holosun RDS. Which BUIS to run? Blacked-Out Sights or 3 Dot Sights?

Which type of BUIS for Handgun w/ RDS?

• (1) Completely Blacked Out

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • (2) Blacked Out With Tritium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (3) 3 Dot White Outline With Tritium

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • (4) Other: Combo or Blacked-Out and White Outline

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • (5) Other: One of the above, but with different colors of tritium (eg, orange rear, green front)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

richthe1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2018
Would it be better to run
(1) Completely blacked out (Ameriglo Suppressor Height GL-506)

(2) Blacked out with nights sights (Trijicon Bright and Tough Suppressor Height Sights)

(3) White 3 dot with night sights (Trijicon Bright and Tough Supressor Height Sights with white dots and night sights)

(4) Other: Combo of Blacked-Out Rear and White Outline Front

(5) Other: One of the above, but with different colors of tritium (eg: orange rear, green front)

Would going with option (3) and having 3 dots and the RDS be too distracting?

The benefit I see if option (3) is that I am pretty new to handguns and I could take the RDS off and practice getting the sight picture solely with irons from time to time.

If running the trijicon sights I can have the same color tritium or different color tritium for the front/rear. What would you recommend?

Also, how is the quality of the Ameriglo vs. Trijicon?

I think I have the Ameriglo Suppressor sights on my MOS. They work well, I’m running it with the 507.
0D7506EC-EBC1-4C76-B5D0-13175C1D0975.png
1A4D72D2-A4B1-4CA1-93C5-B052FC5E2715.png

I have trijicon suppressor height. White outline tritium in the front and blacked out tritium in the rear. Both front and rear is green tritium. I like it cause it’s not too busy but still easy to catch my eye if I am looking for the irons through my rmr

I have a set of blacked out sights on my G45 and Green fiber optic on my Staccato P. In theory blacked out makes the most sense, but in practice I never see the sights when shooting an RMR, they never even cross my mind. The Staccato came with a black fiber to replace the green but I haven't bothered. The sight color is literally a non issue with a red dot IMO, your focus is on the target, not the sights/dot.

Reactions: 308pirate
The B U in BUIS is for back up, so get what you'd use on your other guns, or if the RDS wasn't there.
As Travclem said, when you're using the RDS you're looking at the target with the red dot hovering on top- you shouldn't be aware of the existence of the BUIS.
EmptyName 38.jpg

I have the Trijicon supressor height sights on mine....
EmptyName 37.jpg

Depends on use, for CCW or home defense definitely tritium aka get both. For night visikn use, blacked out.

I happen to have two glocks one with an RDS and one without; both glocks have an extra slide. Two have night sights only, one has an RMR, and cowitness night sights, one has blacked out night sights (suppresser height).

I prefer the blacked out sights, with an X300U, I wouldn’t mind adding an RDS cut for holosun. I like the holosun more than the rmr, but the holosun lives in a PCC.

Thanks for the advice! I went with the 507c V2 and blacked out Ameriglo suppressor height sights.

Reactions: E-Tool
I run suppressor height Ameriglo, Orange front and Blackout rear. Like it a lot. Have 2 sets.