• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors G26 VM2 or TTgunleather?? better options?

jml403

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
Stafford, VA/ GA
I lost my inside the waistband for my G26, so I'm going through the runaround of trying to find a replacement. I'm thinking the VM2 or a TT gunleather comparable one, and willing to pay a little premium of course. Am I missing any good quality competitors though??

I'm not interested in kydex, only fine leather so that seems to narrow down the options. If anyone knows anything I don't, and can point me in the right direction for something in stock I would certainly appreciate it!

Re: G26 VM2 or TTgunleather?? better options?

If you get a VM2 just get one for a G17 that way you can carry all of the 9mm and 40's - its below the belt line right? No downside.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you get a VM2 just get one for a G17 that way you can carry all of the 9mm and 40's - its below the belt line right? No downside.

Good luck </div></div>

Son of a bitch thats a good idea! Anyone else do this that can confirm the VM2 is Good to go with the 26/19/17? My only worry would be a "folding" effect of the holster from sitting, and the leather having no support in the muzzle area. Anyone that can comment on the extra bulk as well would be great.

**If someone wants to sell one btw 17 or 26, shoot me a PM

Doc, thank you very much for posting with the links. Seems like everyone in the business is backlogged. I think i'll order a Nossar Stingray for my Wilson, that is a beautiful holster... The Monica Kuehn doesn't look too shabby, maybe i'll try that for my Glock since why spend 50% the cost of the pistol on the holster. Thanks again.

Does a retailer exist with the Nossar or Monica Kuehn's in stock?(expecting to pay a premium)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc, thank you very much for posting with the links. Seems like everyone in the business is backlogged. I think i'll order a Nossar Stingray for my Wilson, that is a beautiful holster... The Monica Kuehn doesn't look too shabby, maybe i'll try that for my Glock since why spend 50% the cost of the pistol on the holster. Thanks again.

Does a retailer exist with the Nossar or Monica Kuehn's in stock?(expecting to pay a premium) </div></div>TMK, no one stocks them, however, the billing of Nossar goes thru Ned Christiansen from Michiguns (or least it did and still may) and so Ned may have one laying around. Kuehn is rather new, but I understand that she does what is called a "blemish" sale (100% functional, but not finished as well...), so you may get something quick .... Michael at Tauris (who taught Allesi to make his ankle holster) normally has around a 4 week turn around (unless it is something real custom - like my double shoulder holster system - it only took 6 weeks). LAS normally has something in stock, but I have seen both positive and negative reviews on them when it comes to CS (some of my friends will no longer deal with them).

DSC_0001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc, thank you very much for posting with the links. Seems like everyone in the business is backlogged. I think i'll order a Nossar Stingray for my Wilson, that is a beautiful holster... The Monica Kuehn doesn't look too shabby, maybe i'll try that for my Glock since why spend 50% the cost of the pistol on the holster. Thanks again.

Does a retailer exist with the Nossar or Monica Kuehn's in stock?(expecting to pay a premium) </div></div>

Doc,

Same Here, thanks for the info, the Monica Kuehn holsters resemble the Milt Sparks I am in search of, perhaps I will give it a try.

Thansk again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you get a VM2 just get one for a G17 that way you can carry all of the 9mm and 40's - its below the belt line right? No downside.

Good luck </div></div>

Son of a bitch thats a good idea! Anyone else do this that can confirm the VM2 is Good to go with the 26/19/17? My only worry would be a "folding" effect of the holster from sitting, and the leather having no support in the muzzle area. Anyone that can comment on the extra bulk as well would be great.

**If someone wants to sell one btw 17 or 26, shoot me a PM </div></div>

It can be done, but holster makers will not recommend it for the reason you mentioned. If using a G26 in a G17 holster, the leather will break down and loose it's shape. The VMII is the standard in IWB holsters but I really like the Threat Solutions UCR and the Comp-Tac MTAC.